AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Derv Power

Status

whats missing from my engine bay

Been looking around the car and saw this in the engine bay, does anyone know what it is for, i hate not knowing what things are for.

I also noticed that there is no cover over the battery should there be, and are they cheap enough from main dealers.

Black LCR now gone

Blue A4 Avant in its place

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I can't advise you on whats missing Steve sorry. Is your's a 1.9?

There is indeed a cover over the battery and pollen filter, I would try Vagparts over a dealer, it looks like this:

Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Nothing important missing mate except for a cover!

This has popped up before.

Here's mine...

Derv Power

Status
    Cheers for the replys, it is a 1.9, it looks like a holder of some kind, funny its right next to the brake lines.
    Will try vag parts, as i need some screw covers for the engine cover as well.
    Looks like another cover is needed aswell, so much for main dealer servicing when the car comes back with parts missing.
    Last edited by Steve_N; 7th August 2008 at 21:55. Reason: added content
    Black LCR now gone

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_N View Post
    Will try vag parts, as i need some screw covers for the engine cover as well.
    Funnily enough I spoke to Martyn about this cover a couple of weeks ago and he is very reluctant to post them as they always get broken in transit. Worth a call in if you are ever Swindon way? Or maybe try a dealer, but give him a call he is very helpfull.

Derv Power

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Funnily enough I spoke to Martyn about this cover a couple of weeks ago and he is very reluctant to post them as they always get broken in transit. Worth a call in if you are ever Swindon way? Or maybe try a dealer, but give him a call he is very helpfull.
    I sometimes deliver to WH SMITH and BCA in swindon, but cant really drive round to garages or dealerships in the artic though.
    Black LCR now gone

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_N View Post
    I sometimes deliver to WH SMITH and BCA in swindon, but cant really drive round to garages or dealerships in the artic though.
    Lol give em a bell, I'm sure you can sort something out.

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Audi let these A4's go out factory with and without these covers for some reason, Lazy ass production team been on the Stella night before!

Suspicious

Status
    I have that space/holder on mine and ive the 1.8T engine. Ive got the cover like on J7USS's motor and I found it to be a handy place to mount the balast when I installed the HID kit

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    If I remember rightly the battery cover isn't that expensive straight from the dealer anyway. They are always breaking and not fitting ! I've seen a couple of customers cars with gaffer tape holding them on !!

Andy
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !

Sparky

Status
    after reading the post i looked and i dont have the covers either ive just ordered all 3 from my local dealer at a cost of 24 including VAT will be here in the morning
    cheers
    fellas

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by colemanlee76 View Post
    I have that space/holder on mine and ive the 1.8T engine. Ive got the cover like on J7USS's motor and I found it to be a handy place to mount the balast when I installed the HID kit

x2!!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by redspudder View Post
    after reading the post i looked and i dont have the covers either ive just ordered all 3 from my local dealer at a cost of 24 including VAT will be here in the morning
    cheers
    fellas
    Do you have the part nos as I'd quite like to tidy my engine bay up a bit.

I've also wondered what that "cradle" was for. Can't think of any options that might make use of it so I can only assume it's for a specific engine configuration.

EDIT: just looked at mine again and noticed that the ABS pump sits in a similar cradle so it may be that certain engines have the ABS pump in the lower cradle nearer the headlight for some reason.
    Last edited by Macduff; 8th August 2008 at 17:35.

Sparky

Status
    Macduff
    i have left the part numbers at work when i rang the dealer they gave me them i will post them tommorrow when i have picked the covers up if that helps
    cheers
    andy

Derv Power

Status
    cheers
    fellas
    Glad to see me snooping around under the bonnet has helped some people on hear.

Will call around a few places this weekend to get prices, they are not that urgent as they dont really affect performance in any way.
    Black LCR now gone

3rd Gear

Status
    The '05 model year cars didn't have the battery cover for some reason. As said just go to the dealer, they're peanuts!

There's a thread on here with the numbers. The one to go for is the RS4 cover in the left.....

Really looks tidy then

BUB
    A4 Avant S-Line quattro - Avus Silver/Silver Half Leather *240ps*346nm* - a few choice mods. Now Stared up ;-)

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Bloody'ell, do you clean your engine after each drive!!!

Wish mine looked like that...

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    I've finally worked out what is missing...................

a 4.2 V8 !!!!!!!!!!!
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andyccr View Post
    I've finally worked out what is missing...................

a 4.2 V8 !!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL! That's definitely missing from mine too!

Desn't the cradle hold something to do with the quattro system? I take it everyone with the empty cradle has a FWD car? I maybe wrong of course!

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc1 View Post
    LOL! That's definitely missing from mine too!

Desn't the cradle hold something to do with the quattro system? I take it everyone with the empty cradle has a FWD car? I maybe wrong of course!

No Mine is a Quattro...
    Its something to do with Left & right hand drives.
    Last edited by J7USS; 9th August 2008 at 09:17.

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status

Sparky

Status
    picked up x3 covers from dealer this morning and only the one around the steering fluid top up fit correctly the one over the battery was to small and the other was the wrong one,went back to dealer and they put my vin number on system and they told me that the car didnt have these covers and the ones they ordered are the only ones they do bit gutted that they tell me i cant get the covers to fit

Derv Power

Status
    Just noticed that in both J7USS and QUATTROJAMES pictures, there are some kind of connections, maybee this is just on the V6 TDI models.
    Black LCR now gone

3rd Gear

Status
    picked up x3 covers from dealer this morning and only the one around the steering fluid top up fit correctly the one over the battery was to small and the other was the wrong one,went back to dealer and they put my vin number on system and they told me that the car didnt have these covers and the ones they ordered are the only ones they do bit gutted that they tell me i cant get the covers to fit
    Click HERE

The correct part numbers are there for you. The dealer needs to look the covers up for a 2001-2003 car. The later cars only have a small cover on the left of the bulkhead.

HTH

BUB
    A4 Avant S-Line quattro - Avus Silver/Silver Half Leather *240ps*346nm* - a few choice mods. Now Stared up ;-)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J7USS View Post
    Bloody'ell, do you clean your engine after each drive!!!

Wish mine looked like that...
    Cheers J7USS

That was taken at ADI last October. I got third in the post 1988 concours

BUB

Status

My Social Networking

Good thread this! Cheers for the links Bub My battery cover is a bit knackered and I quite fancy an RS4 cover too now! Having the part numbers is a great help!

Derv Power

Status
    Went into Audi today and ordered a scuttle panel with battery cover, engine cover bolt caps, footrest cover and new trim strip for passenger side as i have taken the phone holder off as my phone didnt fit in it and i use the bluetooth connection anyway.
    All for just under 60 not as bad i thought it would be, plus i got free coffee and a good look around the R8 while i waited.
    Black LCR now gone

4th Gear

Status
    No Mine is a Quattro...
    Its something to do with Left & right hand drives.
    That's what I mean, the cradle is not emptty on you motor .

Maybe Steve N's right tho, maybe something to do with it having the nice V6!

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc1 View Post
    That's what I mean, the cradle is not emptty on you motor .

Maybe Steve N's right tho, maybe something to do with it having the nice V6!

.....,the cradle is empty, Its just a cover!

My BM is fixed!

Status
    mine never had anything in that spot next to the PAS reservoir either, or a battery cover.
    Mine also never had the small plastic trims that ran between the seat and the sill or a glovebox lock, yet my friends car had all of these bits and wasn't as high a spec as mine, and his was 12 months older, work that out!
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

Sparky

Status
    Steve
    As ive previously said i got the battery cover and it was to small so im in need of a battery cover and the cover next to it which sits over the brake fluid resevoir as on some of the pics above mine is exactly the same as yours, i got the power steering resovoir cover and this fits fine,when i went back to the dealer he put my vin number in and told me the car didnt come with the covers and there were none made to fit.
    could you post some pics if you get yours to fit and also part numbers your car is a 1.9tdi?mine is 1.9tdi sport 2004

part numbers and prices of the covers i had are
    V8E28194221C BATTERY COVER 4.30 +VAT (TO SMALL)
    V8E2819979A WRONG COVER THING THIS IS A RAIN CHANNEL FOR SOMEWHERE??? 5.72 +VAT
    cheers
    Andy

Derv Power

Status
    Steve
    As ive previously said i got the battery cover and it was to small so im in need of a battery cover and the cover next to it which sits over the brake fluid resevoir as on some of the pics above mine is exactly the same as yours, i got the power steering resovoir cover and this fits fine,when i went back to the dealer he put my vin number in and told me the car didnt come with the covers and there were none made to fit.
    could you post some pics if you get yours to fit and also part numbers your car is a 1.9tdi?mine is 1.9tdi sport 2004

part numbers and prices of the covers i had are
    V8E28194221C BATTERY COVER 4.30 +VAT (TO SMALL)
    V8E2819979A WRONG COVER THING THIS IS A RAIN CHANNEL FOR SOMEWHERE??? 5.72 +VAT
    cheers
    Andy
    The part that Audi ordered was the same one i already have, the small one above the pollen filter, they went off the vin number and this is what came up. He told me that the 04 models didnt have the full length cover but would search for the part numbers.
    I rang them with the part numbers i found on here and he confirmed that it was the same that he had found.
    Main cover 8E2 819447 01C
    Battery cover 8E2819422
    He rang today too say the cover had arrived and it was the full length one, the battery cover had to be ordered seperate, that was about 4 ish.
    From the post on here it says about a spring but the parts guy said that it slides on so watch this space as i am picking up tomorrow if i finish early enough. Spring 4B0 971998C. Hope this all helps.
    By the way i have a 1.9 tdi sport avant.
    Black LCR now gone

Reverse Gear

Status
    just going back to what should be in the gap, i think it could be something to do with multitronic or tiptronic gear boxes??

4th Gear

Status
    .....,the cradle is empty, Its just a cover!

Oops, my bad!

Sparky

Status
    Steve
    i have spoken to a different dealer today and was given a new part number which is below,apparently upto 52plate the cars had the cover fitted after that no covers where fitted so he looked at a 52plate parts catalogue and found the new part number, i picked it up today and hey presto it fits took about 2mins to fit, need to take rubber trim of the back of the engine bay fit new part and re-fit the rubber i also had to buy the battery cover again which sits in place correctly and all now looks need and tidy as the above pictures

part number
    v8e281944701c 12.55

Derv Power

Status
    Glad you finally got it sorted, i picked mine up today and the parts guy fitted it for me. RESULT!!!!!
    Deffo looks better with the full cover on.
    Black LCR now gone

1st Gear

Status

I have same problem!

Hi!

I need help with part numbers! I have it all missing! Attached is a photo, Sorry its not the best quality (just taken it now with phone)

My battery is on show, and so is all my engine and everything!

Its a 2005 A4 Avant 2.0t FSI Quattro.

If anyone can help it be appreciated!

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Your gonna have to enlarge that picture mate....

Did you buy it like that, never known an audi to come so naked!!

1st Gear

Status
    i got it like that.....

Picture is updated as best i can....
    Last edited by stevehall; 26th August 2008 at 20:59.

Derv Power

Status
    These are the numbers for the scuttle panel and battery cover
    Main cover 8E2 819447 01C
    Battery cover 8E2819422
    I paid 5.15 for the battery cover and 12.22 for the main cover.
    As for the engine cover you will have to see your dealer for the part number, hope this helps.
    Black LCR now gone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast