stonechip in windscreen, can anyone help?

Stevey.D

A4 3.0 cabriolet
Reaction score
Grrrrrrrr here goes.....:motz:

Got a stone chip on the front windscreen, just about head height. its about the size of a pea and has an 8mm crack. Told the insurance and its all being delt with, I have insisted in an OEM windscreen being fitted.

Im hoping this will happen on Friday, thing is how can I tell the windscreen is OEM and not some cheaper replacement glass?

Also has anyone had the windscreen replaced on an A4 cabriolet if so, did it all go smoothly? im a little worried :bye:

oh to top it all off im off to the nurburgring on Sunday, I leave at 4am so time is running out as im having 2 new tyres fitted on sat.

Its all going a bit tit's up to say the least, typical holiday for me then:rockwoot:

Steve,
Never had the windscreen replaced but oem should have the four rings somewhere on the glass, near the bottom left hand corner I think,
You can also order the airbag sticker thats on the top left hand corner from Audi if it dos'nt come with one attached.

Danny

Umm because Audi's glass factory produces much higher quality windscreens.
Just like most things on an Audi, Audi don't actually make the windscreens, so there's no such thing as an OEM windscreen, they're probably made by the same vendor as Autoglass use.
I've had a few replaced over the last 10 years and never had a problem with whatever make they used.

I had mine replaced by Autoglass and it wasn't OEM, but I have to say I've had no issues with it, its got the slight tent in the top of the glass and all the seals fitted back 100%. So I wouldn't be to Pi$$ed off if they don't supply glass with the logo. Be careful at the ring because I believe plenty of windscreens & bonnets get stone damage from speeding cars in front.

cheers everyone,

car is booked in for friday, 4 hours they say it will take. as long as its just the way it used to be i dont really care.

good point about the ring frank, not going on myself but will keep my distance on the roads!! cheers for the tip!