worn brake pad warning on, but pads /wires are ok

DodgeT

Reaction score
as above really, the worn brake pad symbol has been showing for the past week or so, i have checked all of the brake pads, they are hardly worn at all. I disconnected the connectors, sprayed them with wd40. Checked the wires, they seem fine.
Still the symbol keeps showing in the dash.
Is there anything else i need to check, as it is becoming really annoying.
I have just ordered a cable from alpha bid, so worst case, i can hopefully turn it off that way, would be nice tgo find the root cause of the problem though.
Cheers.

I read on another forum that the brake pad warning light illuminating can sometimes be a sign that the battery is on the way out. Not sure if this was true or not, but I changed my battery recently because I'd been having the problem and the battery was 5 years old.

This didn't cure the problem for me, so I disconnected the sensors and sprayed them with WD40 and so far, touch wood, it hasn't displayed the warning.

brake pedal switch comman as muck fault

if its a auto theres two switches and some are move over to the clutch side of the pedal

also u only get once chance to get it in proply if u press the pedal and it pops out or you pushed it to far in u have to use a new one

Hummmmm,,, I've had exactly the opposite problem. On the last 2 track days, down to the metal and off the track without even a hint of warning, until the big red one came on after the event (or during I guess)?