Who makes audi shocks??

swarcup

Reaction score
As per the title really, i am looking to replace the rear shockers with new and have seen Monroe stamped on some Audi shockers. The price for a pair from Audi is a little under £200 but you can get Monroe for half the price. Is there a difference or is it Audi again ripping people off

Is there any way to view the genuine ones from Audi or maybe if you can get someone knowledgeable on the phone from the parts department and ask them who manufactures said part? Main dealers charging the world for parts isn't unheard of :)

As far as engineering/operating characteristics go I really wouldn't know, I often wonder the same thing, Clutch and flywheel from Audi will set you back around £7-800 and is supposedly made bu LUK, or at least the original ones that was used on the B6 were, but is there any difference between that and an LUK kit from Euro Car Parts at half the price? Obviously we know they are made by the same company but is one superior in quality to the other, or are they identical and simply been re-packaged? I guess only someone involved in the designing and/or manufacturing of the parts would be able to give a definitive answer. Personally, I'd go with the Monroe's at half the price, I'm pretty sure the originals were Monroe.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about changing the rear shocks too and I was wondering the exact same thing. Standard dampers or sports at least were red but Monroe ones are black. But saying that some people have seen Monroe stamped on the red ones too. I'm considering just getting rear Monroe shocks as you have said they are half the price!

They list Sachs and KYB for my 130se. If yours are sport shocks AllGermanParts are doing Sachs sports rears for fifty four quid each.

MSW Motorsport website shows KONI STR dampers at decent prices. I have always rated Koni very highly. Bilsteins are good too but the KONI STR look very reasonably priced in comparison. Maybe somebody on here could give some feedback on them?

audi and vw are usually Sachs or Boge. usually the same from motorfactors at a 1/3 of the price
awclick.php

Regular sport suspension is made by either Sachs or Boge, however the s4 b6 gets Monroe shocks and the ride is completely different to the regular b6 sline... With audi prices, the quality is indeed higher on the same product, i am fixing a friends a4 b7 with a broken 2.0Tdi engine, he just got a new LUK flywheel from All Parts and the play in it is much, much higher compared with the same flywheel i bought from dealer. When you consider the flywheel is roughly twice the price there is quality difference ! In his case new LUK DMF nearly seized after 2 years running 280-300 Bhp on a Sachs SRE clutch kit...

Reactions: TheDriver
Regular sport suspension is made by either Sachs or Boge, however the s4 b6 gets Monroe shocks and the ride is completely different to the regular b6 sline... With audi prices, the quality is indeed higher on the same product, i am fixing a friends a4 b7 with a broken 2.0Tdi engine, he just got a new LUK flywheel from All Parts and the play in it is much, much higher compared with the same flywheel i bought from dealer. When you consider the flywheel is roughly twice the price there is quality difference ! In his case new LUK DMF nearly seized after 2 years running 280-300 Bhp on a Sachs SRE clutch kit...

Thanks for the insight adamss :salute: