Blacksmoke Remaps

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Has anyone put a BS remap on their 2.5tdi Quattro 180?

Was it easy (and safe?) to do?
Good improvements in torque?
Any MPG gains/loss?

I tow a caravan a fair bit so looking for a bit more low down torque. Will gut the cats etc before putting a map on.

Cheers,

Dan

I just had one on my 130 tdi (1.9)

Huge difference!

Would reccomend

a couple of q's. I cant see a 180hp map on there site and how much does the MPPS cable cost. I am looking to remap for the same reasons as S4 DAN but its a minefield. I cant even see a revo map for our engine listed on their webpage.

Defo goin have one of these me self, best get another lap top first lol, does the map come with the lead or do you need to buy it separate?

The lead doesn't come with the map. A genuine lead is around £1000 , the leads people use are clones made in China, I have been using an Ebay China Clone MPPS lead for a few years and it's still working well and has never let me down.

AMT Cartech Limited - The origin of flash tuning

BLACKSMOKE remaps lowcost tuning for VW Audi Skoda & Seat TDI - DIY Remap using MPPS

A lot of the MPPS clones seem to say they only work with XP SP2, some work with Windows 7 but it's best to check with the seller as some of them don't say what Operating System they work with.
They are a little cheaper from Hong Kong and China but then you have to wait.

karl

i have emailed blacksmoke to check if they do a map for the 2.5tdi 180. will post up the reply when i hear back

I've done a few of these for people now, and every one has been happy with their map.

As long as you follow the instructions to the letter, and know which driver to use it's straight forward. Your better off paying a few quid more and getting a cable from the UK though, because if you get a dud one are you really going to send it back to japan if you have any issues?

Also if Andrew doesn't list a map for your car he can usually make you one witching a few days if you email him a dump of your original file.

You chaps looking for a map for your v6 tdi then you need to drop me a line...I had a 300Bhp v6 tdi and i know a thing or two about them...

Reactions: S4_dan
I have a blacksmoke map on my avf engine'd car, it is mighty good

I have the software mate you will just have to order the map. I've given up drinking for a few months whist I'm training, but you can pour some diesel in the Audi if you want ha ha

Are you going to the Unphased meet this month, as I can read your ecu then so you know which map you need to order?

I have the software mate you will just have to order the map. I've given up drinking for a few months whist I'm training, but you can pour some diesel in the Audi if you want ha ha

Are you going to the Unphased meet this month, as I can read your ecu then so you know which map you need to order?

Nice 1 due, yeh should be there !!

Training, what you in training for ??

had an email back and we would need to read and copy the standard map then send it to him and he will then send one back. Does anyone know if the software has a cost, I have seen non gen cables for £25. Just trying to way up the total cost for a diy against having it done for you

had an email back and we would need to read and copy the standard map then send it to him and he will then send one back. Does anyone know if the software has a cost, I have seen non gen cables for £25. Just trying to way up the total cost for a diy against having it done for you

Aliexpress.com - £9 for the software dude

Makes sure you buy a cable from the UK not China. They may cost a little more, but if you get a dodgy one (there are plenty out there) from China are you really going to send it back?

I remapped my 1.9 avf engine a4 using a Blacksmoke file, very happy with it, smooth power delivery, easier on the clutch. (had to fit new clutch as it started to slip after remap!) Used a mpps cable and software bought from a uk based ebay seller. Emailed andrew at Blacksmoke my original map file as mine wasn't listed and had the new map including egr delete sent back the same day. Followed the instructions to the letter and it flashed perfectly.

I have also remapped my AVF engined A6 with a blacksmoke file and very happy. Very smooth power delivery throughout the rev range and overtaking is a pleasure with rapid progress to the national limit and beyond :whistle2: