Replacement Bulbs - 2003 Audi A4 B6 - Help Please

Springer*

Reaction score
Hi there,

Does anyone know of any decent replacement halogen headlamp bulbs that are available for my 2003 Audi A4 1.9 TDi Quattro Sport that are much brighter than the OE bulbs but also won't melt all of the wiring and will pass MOTs?

I've tried swapping headlamp bulbs in the past for brighter ones but have found that many of them seem to draw more current and thus fry the existing wiring set up.

I do a lot of driving on dark country lanes near where I live and the standard bulbs are really lousy when compared to my other half's B7 S-Line Cabriolet.

I also want to avoid any coloured lights if possible. Want to stick with normal white light.

Also, can anyone recommend some decent replacement Foglamp bulbs that are also brighter?

I'd like to avoid going down the LED route if possible because I don't want any error codes flashing up, nor do I really want to start re-wiring stuff or having to solder in resistors etc :confused:

I've currently got some fancy replacement LED bulbs for the rear number plate that were recommended on here and apprently don't throw up error codes either, but they don't seem to fit properly, despite being listed for the B6 saloon. Anyone got any ideas as to what I need to be doing to get them to fit?

Also, finally are there any LED bulbs you can get for the interior of the car (map readers, sunvisor lights, main interior bulbs) that are straight swaps for the OE ones that won't throw up any codes?

Any info would be a great help peeps,

Cheers,

J:)

I've got a HID kit fitted, along with Osram night breaker main beam and fog light bulbs…

Night and day difference…..

Not sure about headlight bulbs as I went with HID's like a lot of people on here have. As for the number plate lights what seems to be stopping them from fitting properly? Message t8ups on here and he will sort you out with LED's for the interior!

i think the number plate lights are handed,left and right if I remember correctly!

I've not found a halogen bulb that compares to HID's in honesty, if you're happy to pay Ring or PIAA are worth a look.

The interior bulbs aren't covered by the bulb warning system so you can fit LED's no problem.

Lots seem to go with Nightbreakers, i will swap to these for my full beam and fogs soon.

I've fitted Nightbreakers, and to be honest I didn't notice much difference, but on B roads you might notice a bigger difference.

I know you say you want to avoid coloured bulbs, but yellow light travels further so you might be better with some nokya yellow bulbs if you don't want to go down the HID kit route.

Look at one of my very early posts, I changed my dipped bulbs for better ones and uploaded some comparison pictures. That was about 3 years ago and still going stong !

Thanks for the replies peeps.

As much as an HID kit would look pretty cool I'm not sure I want to spend loads of money or have all of the lighting mcgubbins fiddled around with for what could easily be an MOT fail.

This is the same reason I want to avoid coloured bulbs if possible.

What are these Nightbreakers then? Are they a brand of halogen bulb?

Also while asking, has anyone replaced their headlamp bulbs with LED equivalents? I've never been a fan of these but seeing as headlamp bulbs have blown before and no warning lights have come up then surely no warnings will come up if I replace the OE bulbs with LEDs?! Anyone any ideas on this?

Cabbyfan - what were the "better ones" that you fitted to your car?

Cheers,

Thanks Jim,

These seem to be a fair bit cheaper on eBay (circa £17 for a pair) and so I'll invest in some soon!