Audi A4 Tiptronic box lumpy running problem, please help !!!

moveitnick

Reaction score
I am going to have a vagcom test done on the car this week. I have been having this lumpy acceleration and cruising speed problem when driving, it happens in tiptronic mode too. Someone said to me it could need a gearbox oil and filter change and that could solve the problem. I'm hoping i don't need the rather expensive gearbox sensor part which i think is around £800. Any advice is truly appreciated plus if anyone knows where is best to buy the gearbox sensor ? Many thanks to all.

Can you explain more in terms of lumpy acceleration/cruising speed problem?

Could be an issue with the engine rather than the box or maybe even a mount!

However, an oil flush and filter change is wise on the auto box as Audi though longlife oil would last the life of the car/gearbox...hence the problems the earlier auto boxes had.

which engine and which gearbox ?
is it a tiptronic or is it a multitronic ?
how many miles on the car ?

It is the 2.5 V6 diesel engine, multitronic with 114,000 miles on the clock. When it is driving it sometimes drives not smoothly, like when you barely touch the accelerator. Sometimes it drives fine. Many thanks

You may want to chane the title
Multitronic need regular maintaince oil changes
Do a google search on it
Try an oil service on it and fingers crossed fixes isues

CVT oil and filter ordered and being done on wednesday, hope that solves the glitch ! Will post back if it does the trick, thanks for all your advice peeps !

Do the revs 'bounce' up and down slightly (100- 200rpm) at a constant speed? If so then it could be an issue with your torque converter. Google it and you'll find its seemingly a common problem with the tip auto boxes. I have it with my '04 S4. :-(
Seems its not a cheap fix either.

Do the revs 'bounce' up and down slightly (100- 200rpm) at a constant speed? If so then it could be an issue with your torque converter. Google it and you'll find its seemingly a common problem with the tip auto boxes. I have it with my '04 S4. :-(
Seems its not a cheap fix either.

Tiptronic and cvt are different boxes
First I've heard of s4 tiptronic issue though, will google

Had this when i first bought my car
Was nothing whatsoever to do with torque convertor ....
It was due to too much differance between the rolling radius of the tyres
Changed tyres and hey presto .... Cured problem nothing to do with torque convertor

Had this when i first bought my car
Was nothing whatsoever to do with torque convertor ....
It was due to too much differance between the rolling radius of the tyres
Changed tyres and hey presto .... Cured problem nothing to do with torque convertor

First check for fault codes with VCDS or other.
That will show up any faulty sensors.
If there is no fault codes, do the oil and strainer service.That will solve most of the issues.

I got the simalaure fault with my Auto box and will be putting it in for a oil service when when I get time.

I had a problem last year with the autobox where it flashed PRDNS , i had that re-programmed to fix it but it has started again so it looks like i will have to buy the ecu which i think is around £800 !!!!! So if anyone knows of the best place to buy it , i will be very grateful !