Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

B6 cabby interior removal

Hello,

I am changing my interior on my B6 a4 cabby from black leather to a dark blue leather.

having looked at videos on you tube the front seats and door cards dont look too difficult to remove.... however....

the rear back supports, door cards and removing the head rests are a misery at best.

from what I can find I need to remove the head rests first before I can do anything. in other cars this has been easy, click the button and pull. on the a4 cab its a nightmare. if you pull the headrest the left side comes up a little, when i say little i mean a little, but the right side seems to be stuck in ? ive spent at least an hour leaning over it and cant see how it comes out. im sure there is a simple way to do it surely ?

I have seen someone post a really simple diagram of the head rest and how it fits into the seat but its not really helpful.

can anyone suggest an easy way of removing the rear head rests ?

after that any advice on removing the back rest and rear door cards would be awesome

i got a quote for a garage to fit the interior and they come back with £280 + vat. no way !

thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Aren't the rear "headrests" part of the rollover safety system which would make them an issue to remove?

I seem to remember reading something about this but I could be wrong, hopefully someone will answer your question soon.

Audi S4 quattro in Dolphin Grey Metallic, Silver leather, carbon inlays, RNS-E, 6 speed manual, electrically adjustable & heated seats, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, storage pack, 18" OEM RS4 wheels, RS4 ARB, LED lighting upgrade, FASH plus every bill since new.

Reverse Gear

Status
    possibly, not too sure on this model though.

i know on a mercedes cab i had it was part of the safety feature. when the car slid the headrest would shoot up to protect your head.

Even with the Mercedes the head rests were easy enough to remove.

the B6 is making me lose sleep how difficult it is ! ha.

thanks for your input

3rd Gear

Status
    I removed all the rear seats and trim to fit my parking sensors. To get the rear seat out you have to remove the headrests and then remove the plastic tubes the headrests slide into. These plastic tubes are a very tight fit as they lock the seat back to the frame of the car. Once removed you will very likely have to replace them. They cost about £7 from Audi.
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbyfan View Post
    I removed all the rear seats and trim to fit my parking sensors. To get the rear seat out you have to remove the headrests and then remove the plastic tubes the headrests slide into. These plastic tubes are a very tight fit as they lock the seat back to the frame of the car. Once removed you will very likely have to replace them. They cost about £7 from Audi.
    Thanks for this. can you give any further tips on getting the head rest out? i can see the tubes you are talking about but there seems to be no or little movement ?

one reply i saw else where said to break them ?

such a nightmare of a job

3rd Gear

Status
    The headrests slide out and then remove the plastic guides after. You will destroy them removing them.
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof