S4 Stage 2 babyseat advice

I

imported_timwiti

I need a Stage 2 baby seat. Any recommendations?

One I tested looked like it would leave major marks in the leather!!

I don't have isofix - can it be retrofitted?

Hi,

I have got Maxi-Cosi Priori XP, easy to fit & remove. 9 months to 4 years, not sure about marks left have not removed since I got it but relatively flat base, have got half leather on my S-line. Think any seat is gonna mark leather but you could put down a towel before fitting seat, that may help (?)

http://www.maxi-cosi.com/

You can retro fit ISOfix from about 1998 onwards, as you have a B6 you should find the mounting holes if you remove the rear seat base. There should be 2 holes just below the seatback. I retrofitted ISOfix to my B5 S4 last weekend. Took about 5 mins, the brackets are about £35. I bought a britax isofix duo., as my wifes A4 (1997) does not have the isofix mounting brackets. The duo fits both well, it is better with isofix, but still fits very well without. It didn't seem to leave any marks on the seat when removed.

Check out kiddicare.com for good prices on seats.

i highly recommend "Grip-It" seat protectors. They are made out of that rubber stuff that doesn't slide and so also help to grip the seat.
You'll get major stretch marks on any leather interior regardless of the brand of child seat and they don't come out. You can get them on ebay for about £10

Thanks,
The Britax isofix looks the best option (fit isofix) - how long did you have the seat fitted for xkw - do you have full leather? any pics?

I tested the maxi-cosi at Halfords - they came out and fitted it - pulled it seriously tight down on the seat with the belt. Just being on for a couple of mins left a mark!

Safety first and all that but if there's a seat that won't leave massive holes in the leather I'll go for that one!

as andymac said get a "Grip-It" seat protector , 2 months a very heavy 10 month old boy and no marks on my leather (from the seat that is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

Had the seat fitted for about a week now, and looked today and there were no major marks (Yes I have full leather in both my cars). The base of the isofix dual is nice and flat as well so should minimise any marks. I have taken andymacs advice on board and ordered a seat protector. I bought a supamat made by the same people that make the grip-it. It claims to give the ultimate protection ! and prevent any marks. I will post again when I fit it.

I'm currently looking at this as well.

I like the new Recaro Young Sport. I love their car seats and need to check out their new range. They're also doing ISOFIX now :

HERE

Anybody got a pic of the retro fitted isofix fitting on a full leather S4.

I can't see any holes in the seat for the brackets to come up through?

Cheers

lol @ scotty buying a recaro seat for his 'liitleun' !!!

Timwitti; there arent any holes in the seat (like on A3's). When you buy the seat, you get some plastic channels which clip to the isofix bars, the seat then just slides through those. Dead easy..

Fitted the supamat last night, It fits well and stops the seat base from moving. It also has slots cut in it to enable isofix to be used. I would recommend one.

The seat base is solid, but without isofix, mounting the child seat directly onto the leather there was a small amount of diagonal movement even with the seat belt tight. This was partly caused by the smooth base of the child seat against smooth leather. The supamat has some special material\coating which grips the car seat base and the child seat and helps minimise the movement.

With isofix there is no movement, but the supamat will help prevent any marks being left.

Make sure you buy some of these supamats then, don't want any marks on the leather !

Ebay, just do a search. The store I got mine from was called Tinytots. Cost £16.99.

In the USA isofix/anchors are a free retrofit on 2002+ cars from the dealer. It might be the same in Europe too. Check with the dealer.

We purchased the Graco Comfort Sport convertible child seat. It faces rear and then can be turned forward when the child gets older. It's a great seat.

I bought a Britax Duo Isofix seat yesterday. Seems like a good seat and it came out at £140 from Kiddicare. I also bought a Supamat but returned it as the back is too wide for the Isofix mounts despite the box claiming that it's compatible. I'll carry on using a towel to protect the leather.

Try a Neat Seat from Mothercare. Thick rubber mat. A towel will protect from scratching but not stretching.

[ QUOTE ]
Try a Neat Seat from Mothercare. Thick rubber mat. A towel will protect from scratching but not stretching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks scoTTy. I'll give them a go.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
Dave