Loss of power on dual carriageway

Casper31

Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone could give me abit help with this ok I was driving down the a19 yesterday in my 130tdi got to just over 60 then power just went it was like I had just been pulled back it felt weird got off a19 the car just felt like it had no turbo there was just no power there when a put my foot down it just didn't sound right either so I just drove home switch it off started it up again revved it and it sounded like turbo was back so went back round the block and power was there again car was back to normal anyone no what could have coursed this any help would be great thanks

I had an identical experience with a 2.5 I had years ago - turned out to be a faulty MAF. Mike.

I was thinking that because I this problem with a golf I had I didn't have the maf plugged in on it and when it got wet it would loose power aswel but it wasn't wet yesterday it does splutter now and again but that's the first time it has lost all turbo power .

I had the same problem with mine a few months ago... Exact same experience... Problem sorted itself and hasn't happened since...

Turbo vanes sticking and causing overboost, puts the car into limp mode. You turn off and it's cleared till next time.
Slap some decent fuel through it and maybe a tin of EGR cleaner.

Or search for the Mr Muscle trick.

Don't think it could be the egr coz a put a tin in it a few weeks ago when it had a service.

as blackQuat says

sticking vanes causing overboost

search for the mr muscle turbo clean its easy to do over a few hours