Audi A4 1.9 tdi [100] - I want more power!!

Lumfer89

Reaction score
Hi y'all,

I've got a 2004 100hp tdi B6 with 113000 miles and I'm keen for getting a bit more power out of it. It has already been remapped but I'm not sure what power it has given it, guessing about 125-135 bhp? What more could I do to get a bit more power? Different turbo and remap?

Look forward to your replies,

Thanks
Liam

Injectors, bigger turbo, decat, delete EGR, map again (better clutch and flywheel too of course), S3 fmic too if you fancy.

What web site do you suggest for getting these parts or could I use parts off higher hp A4s? If I was to put different injectors and Turbo on it, would it still run before the remap or would it need taken on a trailer to get done?

Last edited:
What about darkside developments. Plenty of options on there site if your pockets are deep.

Might be easier and more cost effective to sell and buy a more powerful car.

But it might not be as satisfying as building your own

Look at this. Turbo manifold and mapping all fitted for £1500
Darkside 1.9 & 2.0 TDI Budget Turbo Kit inc Fitting and Mapping - Darkside Developments

thats all good and well but he will need a new set of injectors at £350 to get past 170bhp

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co...di-pd150-arl-injector-set-038-130-073-al.html

Yeah I know

I reckon your talking the best part of 2.5k to get over near 200bhp with everything thats needed plus the clutch too

then you will want to upgrade the brakes!

sell it and buy a newer model with more go!

could possibly get yourself a nice 2.5 tdi quattro then a simply remap and you will be more then happy

Reactions: S3 GAZ
Yeah I know

I reckon your talking the best part of 2.5k to get over near 200bhp with everything thats needed plus the clutch too

then you will want to upgrade the brakes!

sell it and buy a newer model with more go!

could possibly get yourself a nice 2.5 tdi quattro then a simply remap and you will be more then happy

Completely agree mate. Its not just the power as you rightly say youl want to upgrade clutch and flywheel. Better brakes and probably upgrade suspension too.

I'm not to worried about getting that much out of it but maybe 170ish bhp and I would be happier.

You need to remember that Darkside prices don't include VAT... As mentioned, the pd130 engine is rather strong and will take loads of abuse, however getting a more powerfull engine will be cheaper in the long run. A tuned pd 130 will do 200-220 Bhp on stock injectors and with very good map and larger turbo, however the rest of the car might not cope with the power hyke ! The limiting factors in your case are the turbo and injectors, they cannot flow enough for 150Bhp...