2002 A4 Cab roof trouble

gdcfc

Reaction score
Any have this roof problem? About 12 inches up on opening roof it stopped. The electronics would no longer work. I managed to manually close it down and lock it but now the "soft top not properly locked" message appears all the time on the dash. Also the boot will not open with the remote - I have to manually unlock it to open it.

I am booked in for dealership work on it but wondered if this was common.

Anyone??

There isn't a risk of failure, it just makes some really funny noises at times. the issue is resolved on LHD cars and Audi are in the final stages of resolving the problem on RHD cars.

The problem is just the rack being quite noisy when parking or manouvering in a tight space, the problem is caused by some of the valves in the rack making more noise than it should.

You won't go far wrong with the A4, I am more than happy with mine, the few little niggles that i have had just pale in to insignificance when you drive the car.

Which model are you looking at?

Cheers,

Jon.

I have driven a 1.8T cab and wasn't a major fan, IMO the multitronic transmission suits either a 2.4 or 3.0 platform. The majority of 1.8's are manual.

I will probably be biased because i have a 2.4 multi but on resale i will be happier. Most people buyint the cab want a cruiser, therefore really smooth as opposed to the newer guys wanting performance with the 1.8T.

I went to the A4 Cab from a chipped S3 and i am really happy, when you drive the cab you get into relaxed mode /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't speed anymore and am just more relaxed driving.

IMO you can't go wrong.

jon.

Thanks Jon, will have a look at 2.4. Had really thought of 1.8 because of co2 emissions, as I run this car as ny company car, if you follow my drift.

Like the idea of a cruiser, at my time of life!

Are you sure you haven't deadlocked the boot?
you can do this to provide additional security if someone breaks in. It means they can't open the boot even if they manage to get into the car.