Canada light mode

Wahlstrom

Reaction score
Hi
I've coded my car to Canada, so now the fogs are on together with parking ligh when in 0.
Plate light and rear light are also on, and so is everything inside. Nav is on nightmode(even in Auto).
I have AUTO on the light switch and the build-in lightsensor in the rearview mirror.
But why, when in AUTO, doesn't the light shift between fogs+park in daytime, and xenon when night??

I have the bi-xenon, CH/LH, Highline FIS.
The Auto finction works when the car is coded to ROW(rest of the world).
Except then, there's no light on the car, which is required where I live.

So Canada mode doesn't support the auto function or what??

Last edited:
Wow, I just read that like 3 times and I'm still lost!

So read it 4 times :)

Simply, I just wanna know if the Auto function doesn't work in some countries??

Probably not the best forum to ask the question to be honest as the vast majority of users are uk based. Have you tried asking the question on audizine?

Still some of You must must have been messing around with A4 B6 light mods..
But it's alright, I'll ask at another forum..

then post your findings :D

Are you naturally rude, or do you have to work at it? Given this forum is generally the UK - and you appear to be asking about mods specific to Canada, it may not be too difficult for you to work out that we (here in UK) may not actually be too aware of what you (are you in Canada?) get on yer motors from Germany. Me, I can't see why I'd actually want my interior lights on all the time - although I can see why it would be nice to have my daytime lighting set-up automatically move over to night-time once in got dark. Sounds cool.

Then again, I turn the switch thing on my dash board and it sort of happens. How cool is that? Perhaps you don't live in Canada - and just want the Canadian spec. Perhaps cars delivered to whatever country you live in don't actually have whatever fancy electronic bits you need to look Canadian, other than the option to select Canada on one of the electronic gubbins. Funny folk the Canadians. I use marine VHF - my set has International (ie - everyone) and Canadian options for channel section. Strangely, I ffind I don't use the Canadian channels.

Do please tell us tho - I'd love to drive around with my interior lights on. Although I think it might be illegal where I live. That would be the UK btw.

Have a nice day -

?? Rude?? Who?? Me??

Perhaps I asked my question wrong..
The problem IS that all interior light are on, even the Nav is in night mode, during daytime
And the lights doesn't change in auto mode, it is the low beam xenon that is in in Auto.

Since the easiest way to go DRL on a B6A4 is changing it to Canada with VCDS, but come to think about it, You don't need any lights on during daytime do you?? In UK.
I've just got VCDS and not an expert, so I'd just wanted to ask if someone in here perhaps were driving around "canadian".

My mistake

If you want interior on, you can recode 17 - instruments :)
Tried that too, but think it depends on which country is selected.

In central electronics where the country is coded, mine was on 2 in the end, NDL ( Nordic countries) but that means xenon is on all the time, with interior light and Nav also.

I've had retrofitted LED DRL, that fog bumper kit from modulite.. Worked perfect. Country was coded to ROW and DRLs were on during day, and it switched to xenon when it got darker.
But I wasn't fond of the LEDs on my 2003 A4, so I recently took them off.
Now I'm looking for an alternative using the cars oem lights.
Like ONLY fogs as DRL:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371594869002203
http://www.a4-freunde.com/showwiki.php?title=NSW+als+TFL+im+B6

Or reduced high beam as DRL:
View attachment 17079
Www.daytimerunning.de

So care to answer the question that's been asked?..... Are you actiually in Canada? Or the UK or any other country and just want Canadian spec on your car?

Denmark..
Yes, I want the front light to be canadian, during daytime. But with interiors off. And the xenon to come on at evening/night time.

Last edited:
Well I've found an alternative solution. In cent elec 09- recode, I coded the country 7.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371750304132694
Isn't shown in wiki..
It made it possible for me to change the instrument light settings, so all interior light is now of when its daytime, and comes on at night.
Even the green "city light) symbol in the dash is off, although headlights are on..

So I'm happy for now :)

Again if your cars are coded ROW, you can set the interior light in instrument/adaption/channel 19

Glad you go it sorted, and thanks for sharing the info with us mate, I'm sure that they'll be some over here that will want or be interested in doing the same thing.