Question about double din

tazzy baby

Welsh & Proud
Reaction score
Hi there this might of been asked before but i cannot find it. i have a single din radio and want to convert it to double din, do i have to buy the double din cage or can i cut my single din cage to accomodate for the double din stereo. If this can be done please can some one point me in the rite diretion, cheers Gareth

If you are going to replace with adouble din OEM radio, you have to put the double din cage in - which means the centre console needs to come out. Not as daunting as it sounds, get a Haynes manual and it's just a matter of following the instructions. I've done it 3 times and the 3rd time took 25min!

as above new DD cage

I thought so, i have seen a cage on ebay for 45 pound and 15 pound postage is this a good price for it do you know and thank you guys for the replys

I think they're around £80 from a dealer, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I was lucky to get one for £20 delivered. Best thing to do would be to call Audi and check the current pricing.

I just phoned audi in cardiff and was told that can get it for £48.90, so i better start saving. Thanks again guys