Replacement Chrome Mirror Casings

Platinum70

Reaction score
Thinking of getting these but having just phoned Audi for OEM ones they have said I need to buy the casing and the motor at £278 each + vat and new glass at £180 each + vat. So a cool £1076.30. I think not

VAG parts do them for £260 + VAT or JBR (richa3turbo) for around £60.

Does anyone know what the diferences are between the 3 casings and is this a simple swap over?

Thanks in advance of any help.

That's total rubbish!! I've got OE S4 ones on mine and it's only the cases you change - about 10 mins a side.

They were about £260 all in last year.

PM me and I'll give you the part numbers

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Tried fitting the passenger sid eone yesterday and it will not go on. Cannot understand why.

Did you take the glass out ok? You need to remove the black plastic cover at the bottom (held by two screws) first.

Then there are 3 screws (IIRC) inside holding the cover to the alloy frame of the mirror unit. I think you have to lift the case up or to the side to release it..........
It really is a 15-20 min job.

Hope that helps.

Did the mirrors. No screws holding the covers on at all. They clipped in place. There are raised studs for using screws in case you break one the clips refitting the new covers (as I did!) Used one screw per cover. The glass came out easy but the cover were a b'stard to fit.

The misses doesn't like them. Says it narrows the car. I like them but not 100% convinced yet. At least they are easily changed back.

[ QUOTE ]
The misses doesn't like them. Says it narrows the car

[/ QUOTE ]

Narrows? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Not sure what she means by that.......... Do you have alloy trim strips? The alloy mirrors really do look great with them.

I put mine on the same day I picked the car up so for me the painted ones would look odd!!

If they're good enough for a S4 - they're good enough for my S-Line /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What she means is tha coloured ones matching the car extend the width to the eye. The chrome ones stand out on their own and the car separately. I don't agree and they are growing on me. Yes I also have the ali strips around the door windows and agree they go well with them.

The only thing I do think is the mirrors look better on slightly darker cars.

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I do think is the mirrors look better on slightly darker cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree they do stand out more - But I thought long and hard about the colour of the car and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif my AVUS !!!

Stunning after a wash and fresh coat of Zymol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

BUB