Well my big brake conversion has started going 8 pot & 356mm discs

dpbayly

Reaction score
After very nearly securing my self a set of Porsche Cayenne 6 pot brembos today i was sorting out when i could collect when my brother-in-law happened text me to let me know he was thinking of selling his car and removing his 3.5 month old big brake kit which cost a over a grand (i fitted them for him back in October) and i thought his timing couldn't be any better so secured a VERY VERY cheap deal and tonight i whipped them back off his motor There 8 pot K sport running on 356mm 2 piece discs they were fitted to his Focus ST so they will need a little bit of work to make them fit but im on the case.

Fortunately my brother-in-law has his own Engineering company so tomorrow night he is modifying the Bells taking the centre bore from 63mm to 68mm and then drilling a set of 5x112 pcd holes as the ford i think is 5x108 pcd both dead simple should only take 45mins to do both,

Then he's away for the weekend and back next Monday night so over the weekend I'll clean everything up and I think I'll paint the bells and calipers maybe red as i want them to stand out, then Tuesday evening I'll go straight over to his work and we will be fabricating a pair of adapter brackets to fit the calipers then happy days I'll bolt everything together Woohoo.....

Here's a few pics i took as i removed everything from his motor:

20130130_194457.jpg

20130130_194921.jpg

Bells off ready for tomorrow nights modifying:

20130130_204330.jpg

20130130_204806.jpg

I'm jealous they would look perfect behind my LM's and finish the car off nicely :), get some pics up when your done

Excellent, there's no stopping you now...well actually a decent set of 6 pot Brembo's will be:icon_thumright:s. Are you replacing the rears and what cars it going on?

What are off the shelf upgrade brake system options out of interest for a A4 B6?

Thanks,

Actually its 8 Pot K sport not 6 Pot Brembos that will be stopping me.

Not doing anything with the rears apart from painting them up to match the new fronts,

There going on my B6 3.0 v6 Avant.

Other direct bolt on packages out there include a set up for the 6 Pot Brembo's and the only other off the shelf kit i know of is the K Sport 6 and 8 pot with 330mm or 356mm discs,

I did call K sport to see if they would sell me the correct bells and brackets for my set up but the didn't seem to helpfully so decided to just get my brother-in-law to make the brackets and mod the bells other bonus doing it this way is its free....

Well Ive had the bells modified by my bro-in-law this evening just got back only took him about half an hour so dead simple, shame he goes away tomorrow morning and not back till Monday night so i cant get him to fabricate my caliper adapter brackets till tuesday night but I'll be busy painting the bells and calipers over the weekend.

Here's some pics from tonight:

boring the centre out from 63.5mm to the A4's 68mm
20130131_184753.jpg

Then had 5x112 pcd holes put in
20130131_190423.jpg

job done,

He also while i was there knocked me up a single spacer, i needed this because for some strange reason i have 1 genuine rs6 wheel with an offset of ET43 and the other 3 are copies with offset of ET35 so the genuine wheel sat in 8mm further than the rest and as i had spaced the fronts 15mm i will replace one of the 15mm spacers with this 23mm one so the genuine wheel will now sit the same as the other side.

20130131_173856.jpg

20130131_184310.jpg

I'll post more as i carry out the work...

They are real man's pictures! I love machinery like that, makes you feel like a proper man ha!

Cant wait to see the brakes on. Good progress made so far.

Thanks

I know what you mean...

Im lucky Im in a position where i have access to my garage i work for's workshop and equipment any time i want outside working hours so if there's anything i need to do on my motor i can get it done that also goes for anything my brother-in-law needs doing on his motor i see him right but when i need fabrication work done which can be expensive im lucky that i can rely on him to return the favour so works out really well.

I'm lucky with my brother in law, he lowered my car for me while I, well...I married his sister :)

we have got those on out ST3
and they stop you very well

I used these on my previous 550bhp subaru very good stopping power and found very little fade on track days , so more than sutaible on road use
I found a contact for cheaper disc replacements and pads if you need

I used these on my previous 550bhp subaru very good stopping power and found very little fade on track days , so more than sutaible on road use
I found a contact for cheaper disc replacements and pads if you need

That would be great if you have a link,

Ive heard the bells are based on AP.

Masked up the bells and calipers ready for painting tonight, with the bells i've decided to keep the recesses where the bolts sit black and im doing the rest of the bell red to match the calipers:

20130201_180145_zpsd3571758.jpg

20130201_181826_zps4c855b42.jpg

Also picked up a new set of 24 stainless bolts there the ones used to secure the disc to the bell, Im replacing them as the old ones look like they were painted black but they have started to corrode, so I've picked up a set of stainless so i wont have to worry about that happening again.

Old bolt External Torx and the new stainless button top Allen Key:

20130201_203548_zpsd01f603d.jpg

Lucky, lucky man. I Wish I had a usefull brother in law!!

Assuming the bells are aluminium? How about getting them reanodised in red? Think they'd look far better than painting them, its not that expensive to get done.

They are and I thought about it, it would look great but i want the finish to match the calipers and to get calipers anodised if at all possible would be a mission stripping them down then needing new seals and things when going back together sounds like a headache so im sticking with painting.

Got the bells and calipers painted last night and finished off this morning,

cant wait till Tuesday night now when I can get the caliper adapter brackets made and Wednesday get them fitted up.....

How they looked before fitted to my bro-in-laws car, they just didnt stand out enough for me:

20130130_194453.jpg

20130130_194921.jpg

and now You wont not see them now:laugh::

20130202_122207_zpse9e544a0.jpg

20130202_025703_zps12e7a5e0.jpg

20130202_025835_zps24da6264.jpg

Getting excited..... we're fabricating my brackets tomorrow night and if it all goes well i might even get time to go straight from my bro-in-laws work to my work get it up on the ramp and get it all fitted.

I feel like a kid on Christmas eve:sm4:.....not going to be able to sleep tonight