Highline cars with bulb out warning

chasdrury

Reaction score
Hi

Does any one with Red (standard) DIS have bulb out warnings on their B6 A4?

Chas

i dont but im sure it was fitted in the SE models not the sports and i have the sports

I have it.
Which makes me think, that sidelight bulb needs replacing.
Thanks for reminding me😜😜

Not all have the bulb out warning!

Mine just had the range on the display then I fitted cruise and installed a stalk for the DIS now I have the short and long range I had the washer warning but I grounded the wire as I don't have the sensor

But I don't get bulb out warnings

Not all have the bulb out warning!

Mine just had the range on the display then I fitted cruise and installed a stalk for the DIS now I have the short and long range I had the washer warning but I grounded the wire as I don't have the sensor

But I don't get bulb out warnings

Hmm interesting, I assumed that bulb out was included with DIS but there again both my A4 and A3 had DIS from factory

Hmm interesting, I assumed that bulb out was included with DIS but there again both my A4 and A3 had DIS from factory

I think its something to do with the electronic control module behind the fuse box and its only low line that doesnt have them

I think its something to do with the electronic control module behind the fuse box and its only low line that doesnt have them

There are 3 'levels' (for want of a better word) of DIS.

1. Just range till empty - standard on all A4's
2. Partial DIS - MPG; journey time; avg speed etc which is what people are referring to having retrofitted with the new wiper stalk and buttons
3. Full DIS or actually FIS as Audi officially call it which is as 2 but also including bulb out warnings. If you don't have bulb out warnings, like me, you have a LowLine car. To have bulb out warnings you need a highline car. The only difference is one module - the onboard power control module - 8E0 907 279x. The ending letter which could be B, C, E, F etc determines if you have low or highline. The difference between low and high is how lights get their power - in a lowline car they are all fed from fuses - ie directly. For highline cars, all the bulbs get their power from the onboard power supply - this is how they know if they are not working. To retrofit highline you need to rewire the lights, light switch and brake switch. It's a retrofit that is not too well documented - there is a member on here wmccann who has done it and I am starting on it now, too.....

so if i fit the other stalk will that give me the partial DIS or will it need reprograming too

There are 3 'levels' (for want of a better word) of DIS.

1. Just range till empty - standard on all A4's
2. Partial DIS - MPG; journey time; avg speed etc which is what people are referring to having retrofitted with the new wiper stalk and buttons
3. Full DIS or actually FIS as Audi officially call it which is as 2 but also including bulb out warnings. If you don't have bulb out warnings, like me, you have a LowLine car. To have bulb out warnings you need a highline car. The only difference is one module - the onboard power control module - 8E0 907 279x. The ending letter which could be B, C, E, F etc determines if you have low or highline. The difference between low and high is how lights get their power - in a lowline car they are all fed from fuses - ie directly. For highline cars, all the bulbs get their power from the onboard power supply - this is how they know if they are not working. To retrofit highline you need to rewire the lights, light switch and brake switch. It's a retrofit that is not too well documented - there is a member on here wmccann who has done it and I am starting on it now, too.....

interesting

although it sounds like a lot of messing just for bulb out warnings!

I may look in to it though

interesting

although it sounds like a lot of messing just for bulb out warnings!

I may look in to it though

To be honest, it's not really for bulb warnings. the highline modules are the only ones that support auto lights which i want to install, plus i have oem xenons and washerjets and levellers whihc need it to. It's just a means to an end the actual bulb out warnings...

Ah right it makes sense in your case then