Job done Audi Major Service out of the way for another year...£70 and 1 hour sorted!!

T0m

Reaction score
....I dont know why you would want to pay dealership prices for a full service just because you think the stamp in the service book is worth more than the knowledge the work has actually been done and all for the sake of an hour or so of your time........

2013 car service

So if you would like to tackle this job yourself and save £££ plus learn how to do it there are plenty of how toooo's on the net just do a search it really is not that hard to do.

And if you want some advice let me know.

It's a good feeling doing it yourself.
i do enjoy working on cars, although the summer service is a lot easier than the winter one. Weather was kind to you today though?
And you know it's been done right.

I do all my own work on my car!

I have the tools and the know how so I will refuse to pay anyone to do it!

And as an added bonus I have a lock up with a nice space heater for them cold days

At least you know its done and while your at it you can check other things and do odd jobs that others wont do

Yeah Stu wish I had a lock up need to remove my passenger door and replace the winder mechanism, and Kev yeah weathers been kind this weekend and it dont take that long to be fair with a cuppa in hand and a bacon sarnie in tow!!!!

they really are handy to have

there is a few of us in the one I have so cost is only small

we are lucky with ours we pay about half the price we should as we have been there for almost 20 years and done loads of work for the guy who owns it

Reactions: T0m
I couldn't agree more with this sentiment. I only once went to Audi to pay for work being done on the car and that was just to have the RNSD code renewed!

And Stu_m's advise on DIY cambelt change was gold!

Reactions: stu_m