AVF OR AWX ?

scottshere

Reaction score
Looking at getting a clutch for my 1.9 TDI 130 from europart
LUK is £144 (AVF)
Sach is £125 (AWX)

Confused as i put my Reg info in and it recomended these
Both are slightly different diameter too

Wondered which is best as i hear a lot of people saying Sach is a great clutch and normally more expensive ?

Watch what they send you they have an habit of sending cheaper products, Or very strangely enough when i ordered the cheapest oil filter for when i change my turbo they sent the dearest but a couple of week back bought a few things that was the most expensive and recieved the cheapest. Weirdo's don't forget cluthch15 code for 15% off

If you have 5speeds gear box is AWX,if it`s 6speeds is AVF;i just bought AVF clutch kit from euro car parts and is 169£.

For AWX is 148£ Sachs.

Its the 6 speed, i will be getting the DMF too, got some time off work so if the mechanic can fit it in then i will be buying one
£144 for the LUK with the 15% off sounds cheap to me
DMF is £250 with the discount

I would buy them right away but if the garage cant do it for a few weeks, then im stuck with them if they are wrong/faulty

Sh*t!Price for the clutch kit AVF from car parts is 136£!!!:keule:

Just looking at water pump as im going to get timing belt done at the same time
(mechanic recons clutch and timing belt will take him 3 days, is he having a laugh?)
All of the water pumps on europarts say AWX, none say AVF. Im guessing it should not make a difference which one?

Waterpump will be fine..... The AVF engine has slightly more torque than the AWX and tends to be fitted to 6 speed boxes and Quattro so hence has a different flywheel and clutch to cope with the extra load other than that the engines are pretty much the same

Water pump is the same in bought engines;to change the clutch kit and timing belt takes 1day and a have working relax(on etka states clutch kit is changed in 5 hours,i dont know for timing belt)

Thanks guys
I have priced up the whole lot
Clutch, Flywheel, Bolts, Timing belt kit (including tentioner pully damper), water pump = £470
Labour £325 (but says it will take him 3 days)
Total is £800, i recon this sounds like a reasonable price even though he is quoting a long time to complete

sounds a reasonable price to me..... yeah he's taking his time , is he doing at a proper garage with a lift and the like or is he doing it at home ??.... for me as i a DIY mechanic doing it at home i would look at a day to do the cambelt then a day to strip down the clutch and another day to put the new one back in but thats all on my own with no ramp or lift

sounds a reasonable price to me..... yeah he's taking his time , is he doing at a proper garage with a lift and the like or is he doing it at home ??.... for me as i a DIY mechanic doing it at home i would look at a day to do the cambelt then a day to strip down the clutch and another day to put the new one back in but thats all on my own with no ramp or lift

Yea it is at a garage. He works on his own and has a pit but no lift. So it sounds about right then..

Today i changed my clutch kit on my 1,9tdi quattro;in 3,5 hours jobe done!labour-200£.