Audi RNS-E Satnav Retro fit in an Audi A4 B6

seanr

A6 Exclusive
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Crying out for help here.

I'm doing a retro fit of an RNS-E satnav in an Audi A4 B6 Avant.

All the grunt work has been done, all i need now is pointing in the right direction as i need to purchase the right plug and play adapter harness kit.

I've looked on ebay and there are loads of options but i really want to be sure. I need the harness and aerial adapter as i already have the GPS Antenna.

The radio i took out was a Single Din Concert stereo on a BOSE set up.

If you guys have any links or any sellers that you may now in the Midlands area please let me know as i am really looking to complete the install this weekend.

Cheers Guys.

Always a good idea to check out the sticky's - RNS-E upgrades have been well covered and found this link very helpful doing mine. Covers basic RNS-E and many other options too!

Cheers mate,

I've seen this one and you're right it is a great source of info.
The main thing i need to do now ideally would be to locate a local supplier of plug and play adapters if possible.

local supplier of plug and play adapters if possible.
If you want one that will work no questions then order online from Kufatec, and don't forget the antenna adapter too.

Did I read that right PD you're advising people to use kufatec now :p

Did I read that right PD you're advising people to use kufatec now :p
Yes, they've consistently been the most reliable supplier (some hiccups, but they seem sorted now) and they get the wiring right - which is more than you can say for many of the eBay suppliers.

The number of problems I'm seeing on audiforum.us from incorrectly wired adapters is much less than it was, and they're almost exclusively from eBay suppliers now.

Want to bet, had some looms for a friend of late doing his heated seats upgrade, they were wrong again, go figure, I refuse to use there looms bottom line, cause nothing but trouble & expense for buyers.

All useful advice guys, what would you recommend NHN sounds like you may have another solution

You wont get away from using the same adapters, I use the iso to quad when needed, but I wont ever buy from kufatec, to date other suppliers have been spot on, the bay is full of them tbh, decent kit is about £30-£45.

Cheers mate much appreciated. Will put an order in and get this install completed.

Want to bet, had some looms for a friend of late doing his heated seats upgrade, they were wrong again, go figure, I refuse to use there looms bottom line, cause nothing but trouble & expense for buyers.
That's a completely different experience to what members on audiforum.us have been saying about Kufatec...

Personally I wouldn't let an adapter I bought on eBay anywhere near my car without doing a 100% wiring check (with a meter) on it.

iv never had a problem with kufatec
prob used them over 40 times

All sorted men, I actually used a local company in the midlands called KSA, the owner hand built the loom while i waited and provided an aerial and antenna which are all in the car now.

I've got to say, many people told me that the BOSE sound would reach full potential after completing the retrofit but i actually cant believe by how much.. My daughter and all her friends were the first to comment on the difference which was impressive as i didn't draw their attention to the new satnav..

Thanks again for all your comments guys, all i need to do know is suss out why my antenna is not giving as great a level of reception as it was before, seen a couple of posts about checking the antenna / changing the amplifier but any comments / suggestions would be appreciated.

Have you connected up both antenna cables?

As its a B6, as long as you've connected them up fine & there are no antenna errors showing in vcds, then should be fine.