Disks & pads

mitch2575

Reaction score
Hey all, I need to replace my front discs & pads can anyone recommend any & a possible link?
A4 B6 cabriolet Quattro 163bhp 2004
Not sure if should go for drilled & grooved or just drilled?
Ps any instruction on how to change headlight bulb?? How many screws?

Cheers

I bought EBC dimpled and grooved front and rear discs with ultimax pads for mine less than 2 yrs ago and the fronts have warped, just replaced the whole lot with Brembo ones, the dimpled and grooved look good behind the wheels but to have warped after less tha 10,000 miles i wont be buying them again. Hopefully the brembo ones work out better, eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace.

If your going to buy brembo go on there online catalogue and get the correct disc and pad part numbers for your car, lots on ebay said they were correct for my car but weren't..

I've got Brembo discs and Pagid pads on mine, and my fronts have warped after 15,000, very disappointed.

On my A3 I had a set of EBC grooved and dimpled pads and Ferodo DS2500 pads, and that combination was great. Did 40,000 warp free miles before the car was written off by somebody who smashed into the back of me in a queue... :(

I'm looking round for replacement discs/pads now, and not sure what to get now.

brembo disks and jurid pads done 1ok and still look like new ??? beware ive been told there some copied brembos stuff knocking around.... apparantly cheapo parts and brembo boxes etc......

and they was brought from the well known fleabay

Think I'll shop around for Brembo, cheers for help.

OEM spec items are very good, I wouldn't mix discs and pads from different companies, I wanted Brembo's last year, but GSF couldn't supply them, so went with Pagid discs and pads, recommended by my independent, same spec as OEM, cannot fault them.....

Thanks chaps! I know I've heard mixed reviews too! In relation to copy discs & pads there's a lot of it going about and extremely difficult to tell if counterfeit!!! Especially as I use the car daily & can't pi$$ about with brakes!!

I might just go OEM as they're just as good!!

Cheers Gav as I looked around but couldn't find the link!

midland vw got mine for me brembo gen discs and jurid pads they have been great tbh

think i payed £160ish for 2 front discs, 2 rear discs, front and rear pads

Zimmermann is another alternative regarding rotors.
Ferodo pads have good reputation in plenty of threads independent of car.

Search MTEC100 on Ebay - I got a set drilled and grooved with pads - £160 inc postage - much better then the original vented only...

mtec100 | eBay

Very Happy with the Brembo Front and Rear Discs and Brembo Pads, done just over 500 miles this wknd so nicely bedded in now, see how they do in 6mths time, total price for everything delivered was £174, 312mm vented fronts and 255mm solid rears which is pretty good. My previous brakes EBC Dimpled and Grooved with Ultimax Pads cost £250!!!

I had some very nasty (non-progressive) brake fade over the weekend when driving the Horse-shoe pass in North Wales.
Everything seemed fine until I got to the next corner and had pretty much no brakes.
Even after driving without using the brakes for 3 miles they were still smoking.

Turns out they are cheap unbranded pads, new but fitted to get the car through an MOT - I will be purchasing some DS2500's very soon!
I had DS2500's on my Ibiza Cupra and couldnt fault them - better than standard friction from cold and could never get them to fade (even on track using standard discs)
I have used EBC green & redstuff before and my advice is stay away to be honest.