Where to buy GMBH or S-Line bumper extensions?

simon_golf_tt

Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can get either the gmbh (preferred) or s-line bumper extensions for an Avant. My new one (collect on Saturday) has the black bottoms to the bumpers and I'd like to replace them. I have a source at Audi that quoted ~£700 for the lot for the gmbh kit. That was at cost price and it's not too bad - but I wondered if any aftermarket places sell the bits cheaper. I also emailed vagparts on Monday but am yet to get a reply.

I guess someone on here has done this mod already so hopefully will know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers guys.

I know we have spoke on a Pm about this, can we just clear up what exactally you want with some pics!

Cause im sure mine is a Q GMBH kit and im willing to sell

This is the same if not very similar to what i have on my avant....is this what you are looking for!

408945-s4-cab.jpg

Here is a picture of my new car - still at the garage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

front_qtr.jpg

Here are three of the kit I'm after (different from yours by the look of it). Sorry if I got the name wrong and it's not gmbh - but I though it was.

silver_votex_avant.jpg

silver_gmbh_avant.jpg

1525GmbHQuattro-med.jpg

ah yea thats totally different! looks kinda cool like the side skirts mind you!

Kris - the cab ones you show - aren't they a completely different bumper? I'm not sure, but it almost looks like the front grille is part of the bumper rather than the bonnet. How does the one you have work? Did you have to replace the whole front bumper?

Of course another option is just get the existing black bumper sections, door bottoms and sills painted. It actually looks OK.

Here is a couple of pictures I found on auto trader! OK it's not an Avant - but you get the idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

silver_colour_coded_with_18rs6_2.jpg

silver_colour_coded_with_18rs6_1.jpg

Could well be Kevin - I got that picture off a post on here. Looks excellent. Mine has the potential as it's the right colour!

Kris - didn't understand your comment mate - care to elaborate?

Simon,
Her are the prices from Vagparts, the kit you are after is from the Audi accesseries catalogue which is produced by GMBH Germany.

Front spoiler £268.75 +vat
Rear valance £165.00 +vat
Grille inserts for rear valance £67.34 +vat
Rear boot spoiler (salon) £145.75 +vat
Side skirts £234.25 per pair +vat

I have the part number if you need them.
Nice choice.

Cheers Frank - much appreciated!

Shame vagparts couldn't reply with the prices.

Those prices are actually a bit dearer (+15%) than the ones quoted from my audi source (who can get them at cost price). So maybe that's my best option.

I really like the front spoiler and rear valance - but I'm not sure about the side skirts.

Do you think it would look OK with the front and rear fitted but the sills just colour coded?

No it will look odd, the front and rear actually fir over the existing kit so they are lower than the standard kit. Maybe look at Vortex or Lltek sides.

To be honest Simon if I was you I would just get your lowers painted, it will tranform your car. A friend of mine did this with his, for some reason now his cars looks lower. Cheaper option.

Thanks for the views Frank. I'll look into the kit a bit more - but you are right that getting the lowers painted makes a big difference on it's own. If the kit is turning out too pricey - I might just do that.

What have you got on yours?

Mine is a silver 2004 1.8T(190) saloon and it came with the painted lowers, I was going down the road of a kit the same as you are after hense I have all the info. After giving it allot of thought and having a chat with my dealer I have opted to drop the kit and go for H&R coilovers instead, the dealer said when it came to selling the car I wouldn't get back the money I put into the kit so now I will take out the coilovers and either sell them or re use them when it comes to selling/trading time.

[ QUOTE ]
yea thats what mine must be then!!

[/ QUOTE ]

just the painted option's i ment!

Frank - those side skirts are a little more subtle - good shout. The kits actually really nice - but then it should be for that price!!

I'm hopefully going to keep the car for a good few years so I'm expecting to lose a shed load of money on it anyway - that's what always happens to me anyway !!

Did you look into the sline trim and price that too? Any cheaper?

I see in you have 18" RS4's - any chance you post a piccy to show what colour coding and 18" RS4's look like. I'm after RS4's too! Cheers.

Kris - I thought your front bumper looked just like a colour coded one. I take it you didn't get that done then - the car came like that?

For the full S-Line conversion have a look at the Fontain website. This does include the wheels, though.

Cheers,

Matthew

Yeah thanks Matthew - I had seen that already - it's a bit pricey. I'd rather source the parts myself, get my local spray shop to paint them and then fit the kit myself - to save a few quid!!

To be fair to Fontain - if you're not a DIYer then it probably seems pretty good value and it certainly transforms the car.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the vag part numbers are:

8E0071609 9AX for the front bumper under trim
8E9071610 9AX for the rear bumper under trim
8E0071685 9AX for the side skirts

See this place:

http://www.autoschultz.de/onlineshop/shop.htm?d_8E90716109AX_Heckschurze378.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the Votex STICK ON kit that goes over your existing bumpers/side skirts. I personally wouldn't stick that on my car. I'd get the S-line/USA-Ultrasport kit from Vagparts that actually replaces your bumpers.

Well after looking at lots of pictures and reading posts on audiworld.com I have decided to fit the s-line front bumper and colour code the lowers. If the budget will stretch I'll be getting the S4 rear bumper too. That should set the car off nice prior to fitting RS4's.

Should be getting a remap within the next couple of weeks too. Will post results of that after it's happened. Hoping for 220 ish.

Haven't done it yet, but am in the process of ordering the bits. I expect it will be a few weeks till I can post pictures.

However, here is a white US avant with just the front s-line (ultra-sport) bumper and the standard lowers painted on RS4's.

white6.jpg

And here is an A4 avant with the S4 bumper fitted.

0008.jpg

Reckon it should look pretty good. Think I will paint the whole of the rear bumper though.

Any prices for oettinger front bumpers i dont seem to get a reply from RSD????

And whet about the S-line front spolier/extension, how much???