Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    5th Gear

Status

B6 black headlights

Hi all, was just wondering if any of you are running these headlights eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace i have been on the look out for some with black inners rather than the chrome, up till now my only option seemed to be either the angel eye ones or the drl ones but neither of those are an option for me,it dosen't look like i can use S4 ones and i don't really fancy doing the Joey mod, these ones look a close match to oem units and use a normal sidelight, my only concerns are quality and legality as the seller is unable to give me futher information on them also i don't know if they will take my hid's.
    Cheers,
    Matt
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    the ad says halogen, HID bulbs have a different fitting.
    The bulb types that fit will be printed close to the holders.
    A4 (b6) 2.5 TDi QS Saloon.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    if you have oem xeons they wont fit in the ebay unit
    if you have a hid kit then yes they will fit no problems

BahnStormer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    if you have oem xeons they wont fit in the ebay unit
    if you have a hid kit then yes they will fit no problems
    But then you probably wouldn't have the non-OEM Xenons if you're "concerned about legality".

It's a double-edged sworD: Black background does look smart, especially ona dark coloured car, but apparently the light output drops, so people then recommend Xenons.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lostbok View Post
    But then you probably wouldn't have the non-OEM Xenons if you're "concerned about legality".

It's a double-edged sworD: Black background does look smart, especially ona dark coloured car, but apparently the light output drops, so people then recommend Xenons.
    My concerns over legality are the beam pattern, I have found a set the same on the net only they arre only for lhd vehicles, I'm not too fussed over the hid legality as I have old units I can fit for the mot if needs be, I think it's going to be annother set of oem units and the joey mod.
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I would love these to be good.... but ..... for that price I can't see the quality being there to be honest. I think you'd be disappointed. Plus the fitting issue.

I'd far rather spend £150 on a spare pair of headlights and mod them in my own time.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    I would love these to be good.... but ..... for that price I can't see the quality being there to be honest. I think you'd be disappointed. Plus the fitting issue.

I'd far rather spend £150 on a spare pair of headlights and mod them in my own time.
    Agreed I think I'll get some more oem units and do the joey mod, along with my rs6's freshly powder coated and a new s4 lower to replace my damaged one all done in time for AITP in August.