Help a4 tdi avant suspension fault drivers rear control arm

samsam

Reaction score
I really need help here not experienced but giving it a go, when driving it just does feel right and feels like it from the drivers side I have attached a picture of the arm I think it is but I don't want to keep changing all the arms till the fault has gone is this arm a common part that goes...??? Really would appreciate if anyone could help on this!!! One more point I have tried to remove the bolt but they is no room to remove it do you have to reattach from the hub first

Thanks

Thanks

When you say it does not feel right , exactly what is happening to the car? The upper and lower arms do wear, especially the balljoints which causes knocking noises, The bushes do wear too, Ive mainly come across them where they creak . Have you checked all the arms on it , tyres ok? coil springs ok? etc...... Like you said i wouldnt go wasting money and time replacing all the arms until the faulty goes, just give it a check over or get a decent garage to do it. The bolt you are refering to , does come out , it is tight, I know when i do them i drop the rear subframe slightly and you can just get it out, This is how i do it , maybe others do it another way. And you attach the balljoint to the hub last, thats how i would do it.