NEW TO THIS.

V6-Roge

Reaction score
Hiya all. This is my first post so if i ramble then bare with me. I have just got my self my first Audi / car, its a 2002 2.5 tdi and i luv it ( i have only ever had vans sine i have been able to drive). the only thing is it is very basic on the outside, black skirts, standard wheels and you cant see the dual exhausts. I have been thinking of going down the rs look but i was just woundering what i should look out for and really if any one has any advise who has been down this route. Basicly wheel size, how low, non-tacky bumpers, and any recomened websites. O yeah and the little black trims at the bottem of the doors , i cant find them for love nor money. Thanks guys

This is not mine but looks the same ( just to give an idear )

Welcome Roge!

All your questions can be easily answered! The 2.5 is quite easy to convert to visible exits, there are quite a lot of threads from people who've done it. The lower rear valance will need changing to one with twin outlets (and colour coded probably) and then a set of Powerflow or similar welded on.

The front lower valance can be swapped the same way, most people opt for an S-Line style front and you can get a rear to match too. There are two types of door blades, S-Line style and S4, the S4's are a bit bulkier. Sadly both are rare and approaching £400 from a dealer, they do come up on ebay but they're still expensive.

Wheels are a personal thing, 18 or 19" are the popular options. I like oem wheels myself, although there is a massive choice of aftermarket one depending on your budget. Have a look through the "Pictures" sticky and see what sort of thing you like.

A Cupra splitter screwed onto the front bumper will be a quick fox for £25 and transforms the front.

Are you in Texas? If so try Audizine as any links I provide will be UK based!

Thanks for that i will check out all of that stuff. And let you know how i get on. I live down in portsmouth its just that pic was the closest i could find to mine. Thanks as well because i had not got a clue what those door trims were called, at least knowing there called balades might help in my look for them, insteed of just putting into ebay "audi a4 2002 door trims". Wheels i think i am going to get some rs4 reps in 17"s and maybe just springs for 30mm. One other thing i was going to ask if you have ever had exspreance with chipping and re-mapping? i have two mates who are merc mechanics and one said it would be a good and to go for it and the other said its godd but because mine is a auto, i might as well say goodbye to my gearbox??

Portsmouth is a bit closer than Houston!

Simon_2004 on here can get you door blades for I think £300 which is probably the cheapest you'll get them unless you come across a good ebay find!

I'd hold out for some 18's personally. Is yours an SE or a Sport?

I fitted a tuning box to mine at 128k (manual) and it has been fine since, it gives a claimed 210 bhp which is about the most they remap too unless you start swapping injectors etc.

Its SE and my mates say, should bring up to around 200bhp, witch to be fair i would really not exspect any more than that. I do like the look of the Cupra spliter tho. i think what i am going to go for is getting the bummpers sprayed, new back bumpper with the two exits, wheels and lowerd. But i will let you know how i get on.

Welcome aboard, car sounds nice, get some before and after pictures as you go.