Tyre suggestions!

Funkyfin2000

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
Hi there,

I have a A4 Avant 1.9tdi quattro sport.

I have Avon somethings on the front with the V shape Pattern.

On the rear I have Michellin somethings and they need replacing. I don't necessarily want to match the Avons.

any suggestions for the rear that arn't too pricey on Camskill and don't wear ever so quickly in a 4wd!!

I was looking at the Falken 452's for about £80 a corner.

Rich

I'd recommend Conti Contact 3's but they are about £110 a corner - excellent tyre tho :)

235/45/17 as thats the standard size i think for the audi alloys on it.
thats another question is the name of the allows. They arn't the normal 5 spkoes.

They have thick 5 spkoes with dips in at the ends. They look a bit like the Ford Focus ST wheels I think.

235/45/17 as thats the standard size i think for the audi alloys on it.
thats another question is the name of the allows. They arn't the normal 5 spkoes.

They have thick 5 spkoes with dips in at the ends. They look a bit like the Ford Focus ST wheels I think.

Thats the correct tyre size for your car, might be worth you going down to a local tyre place (indy not national) and asking if they the 45's fit the alloys, they should do.

any pics mate i have 235/45/17s and they are 5sp ones

235/45/17 is the audi standerd size the wheels in that pic are audi one but i can not say if they where standerd on your car sure some one can though

Unlikely.

You already had miss matching tyres on the car anyway, and had the more worn ones are on the rear which makes the car less stable as it is, so what are you worrying about!

to be fair the front tyres are fine and one of the rears is fine, just the other rear is very worn on the inside. This is because the person before me changed to the spare (the one worn in the inside) as the original there had a bulge in it! From very unsafe, to slightly unsafe.

Need to take the decision to relpace both as want the same tread pattern on the rear at least to match up.

No problem.

Yep replacing in pairs is always a good idea, Can always make the better of the three tyres your new spare and replace the bulged one and worn one with new.

I'd recommend Conti SC3's too, they wear well on a quattro car in my experience, and have good wet weather grip too.

I think they do an SC4 and SC5 too now, I'd be interested to know how they compare.

The conti 5p is getting rave reviews, see my above link at tyre reviews for some of the magazine group tests.

But they're significantly more expensive than £80 a corner.

I run Avon zv3 and have for years
my mate runs them on his S2 and my other mate runs them on his Mk4 golf TDi
all good wet and dry and are lasting very well
also quiet on the road if thats an issue for you .

Contis, Avons - both good makes, with good grip and wear.

I've just put two Goodyear F1 Eagle Asymmetrics on the front of mine ( to be consistent with the make it had on when I bought the car) - the guy came to the house to fit them. Very professional, balanced, new valves, old tyres disposed of for £260 the pair.

Very happy with the outcome. Can now go and give it some now!!

Right been here before i have a A4 B6 1.9TDI QUATTRO 130 runnin on 235/35/19s and recently had the rears replaced for dunlops but its eaten through them in less than 4 months (3k miles!!) got some cheap fullruns on the front which were on the car when i bought it 8 months ago and they look good as new. Any advice as to what tyres to try after ive had the camber, toe etc checked out?

Chewed throug the rears in 3k miles?? Unless you rally / race it, or do handbrake turns everywhere, there has to be a problem with bearings, camber, under / over inflation etc etc etc.
There are many good tyres out there - Avons, Continentals, Vredestein- I have Goodyear Eagle F1s on mine, and I'm very happy with them. BUT - cost £130 each fitted. If you're only going to get 3k miles out of them, it means an expensive tyre bill!!

Been down the audi garage on wednesday this week and had laser alignment done and found that the rear was miles out full adjusment all round and 96 quid later hopefully will see the end of the tyre shredding issues, mpg is now through the roof so i guess it was dragging here heels a little lol.

No its time to get some new rubber boots on it i guess before the Rozzers give me a tug.

Just a update really since ive had the camber etc adjusted. Ive fitted a full set of Yokohama S Drive tyres and ive covered over 6k miles with not a single issue of wear etc and the tyres are running like a dream on the 19s.

midland vw set mine up in norton canes m8.... £30-40