RS4 REAR ANTI-ROLL BAR

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all, having spent the last few days trying to locate a strange noise from the rear the opinion seem to be the anti roll bar bushes have split ( according to a audi master tech anyway ) so i know have a genuine reason to upgrade to the rs4 anti roll bar,is anyone able to tell me exactly what parts are required and any part numbers would be a great help.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Thanks James, the guy did also mention the roll bar links,i believe this is where the ends of the arb meet the suspension set up?? need to try and find a part number for them.

ive just done all this including the rear drop links, i ordered them at the dealer using my chassis number. All the above parts are correct and fit ok. I found that the bushes though were not easy to get on. They where the same part number as the ones on my car from standard and the centre bore seemed to small for the thicker bar diameter.I thought about looking to see if the rs4 bushes where bigger but instead I put them in a cup of hot water which softened them up enough to squeeze on.

ALL I CAN SAY IS WHEN YOU DRIVE IT YOUR IN FOR A REAL TREAT!!!! what a transformation:eyebrows:

Thanks for that swarcup, just to confirm am i right in thinking you fitted bushes and drop links from your standard roll bar (although new ones) to a rs4 roll bar or were all parts from a rs4 roll bar, forgive me if i'm not reading your post correctly.

Speak with PJMSpeedy on here - he will get the bar and all the other bits for you - I've just bought mine from him this week and I'm really pleased with it - his name is Paul, really nice lad, he supplys a lot of parts to people on Audi-Sport - PM me if you want his email address.

I sent Paul a message last night, i have used him before so i'll wait and see what he comes back with,
Thanks,
Matt

yes thats correct the drop links where for my car and not from an rs4. the bushes that are numbered above where the same part number as the ones i removed. I thought that the centre bore was to small although they fitted with a bit of force and heating them.

I sent Paul a message last night, i have used him before so i'll wait and see what he comes back with,
Thanks,
Matt

He will see you right; rest assured. He's supplied me with two RS4 anti-roll bars now, the most recent was fitted to my B7 only last week.

all I can say is "enjoy exiting that first roundabout in the wet" - transforms the character of the car :)

Best value for money handling (or performance) mod by far!

10 / 10 for me: I'd recommend people buy the parts on the way back from picking up their "new" car and thrash it through a few corners, fit the RS4 RARB and then try the same road again.

It's Audi OEM parts and makes the car handle in a far more controllable and predictable way, so it's really in the world of "why didn't they have this as standard?!?".

Not sure why people do the front ARB: theoretically, it will keep the car even more level, but it will make the car understeer more and if you're getting that much body roll, I would suggest it's the springs or something else in the suspension that needs looking at.