The True BHP

CMD

Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
I'm booked in along with the A3/S3 (8L Chassis) boy's down at Badger5 (Bill) to get the car on the roller's to find what Bhp / Torque my A4 is pushing on the 6th Nov. The day will consist of three power run's and logged on all three plus a little coloured print out. (bitting my nail's already).. Check out the thread (Dyno day at Badger5) on the A3/S3 section

Did you get good results buddy? Ill go search for that thread now!

also does Bill have a website? think he'd fit coilovers too?

Did you get good results buddy? Ill go search for that thread now!

also does Bill have a website? think he'd fit coilovers too?

The Dyno Day is on 6th Nov. I will post up as soon as i get the results. There are a few of us going down from S.Wales. Me and S4twiggy in my car for Dyno Run. Drmole and Tazzy,Benskin07 are going down in D6mole's A4 B7 2.0t for dyno run if Bill has time as he is 18th on the list lol. The day start's at 8.30, 3 run's per car = 30 min's so Drmole aka Darren will be on the Roller's at about 5.30pm. Bill as stated it will be a long day/night for some. PM S4twiggy (Grant) as he is more than capable of doing your coilover's and will save you alot money.. Also make sure you have 4 wheel alignment I have used Celtic Tyres::Number 1 for fast fit in South Wales On the A4 and my project Polo £70 ish plus VAT. They will provide print out's for before and after..

I will await these results with interest as a remap is on the list for the new year for my own 190.

I can recommend having it done as it bring's the best out of the 1.8t engine.. I'm not holding out for a massive gain in power from my stage1 but i am hoping for smooth and progressive power curve. If all goes well next year i will follow up with a FMIC and new fueling. I will bill asking Bill what step's to take whatever the outcome

I can recommend having it done as it bring's the best out of the 1.8t engine.. I'm not holding out for a massive gain in power from my stage1 but i am hoping for smooth and progressive power curve. If all goes well next year i will follow up with a FMIC and new fueling. I will bill asking Bill what step's to take whatever the outcome

I'm sure you're right. What are you anticipating - about 215/220? That said, I agree it's not all about power. The principal reason I want a remap is to bring the torque lower down the rev range. You've obviously experienced an improvement in how the power is delivered and regardless of RR results that is the most important thing.

The torque from the the remap is what impressed me most from low down. I have replaced the clutch,flywheel,slave cylinder( 46.000 mles), also done by Badger5.. Next weekend will be a bit of a nail biter as I have put a fare amount of cash into the car. The clutch was not damaged by the remap or me being stupid, it was showing sign's of sliping under boost.

Colin - I have a beautiful FMIC on the way! I think you would like!

Colin - I have a beautiful FMIC on the way! I think you would like!

Nice Chris. I'm looking for one that will fit nice and snug behind the oem S-Line front bumper without having to cut or chop anything, as i don't want the fmic sticking out and looking like a two bob jap style car.. If it's nice send me a pic or two and we might have a deal and as you know i have a nice carbon engine cover that we could add to the mix.

Nice Chris. I'm looking for one that will fit nice and snug behind the oem S-Line front bumper without having to cut or chop anything, as i don't want the fmic sticking out and looking like a two bob jap style car.. If it's nice send me a pic or two and we might have a deal and as you know i have a nice carbon engine cover that we could add to the mix.

Hi Colin, I've probably mis-wrote that!! I've got one coming for me!! I too didn't want the normal eBay special with a load of bumper ripping so I've sourced something special (and expensive!) but also, mega!!!

Just an update from the RRD at Badger5/Bill. What a great day we had with the A3/S3 boy's (yes out numbered again). We were all asked by a memeber of Bill's crew to guesstimate the BHP of our car's. I said i have no idea but was hoping for 200 bhp. So as stated before the RRD Bill would do three run's and log the each car. My turn was up and like most of the guy's that were there i was bricking my pant's. So this is my true figures. 214 bhp. 258 fbt..

I was told after the three run's that the car could benefit from a better intercooler as the two standard side mounted intercooler's are not man enough for the job and the log's were showing that fuel was being dumped. So not bad, but not to good as this mean's more money to be spent on the engine side of thing's when i was hoping to treat myself to coilover's and some winter wheel's.

DynoIT%20-%20YE54FYD-colina4.jpg
ye54fyd-colin-a4.jpg

Last edited:
Those are healthy results. It would be great to compare where peak torque occurs against a standard 190 (has anyone got charts for one?) as I'm interested in how the power gets delivered as much as anything.

The intercooler issue is an interesting one. Although we have the two they are rather small and I always wondered if they would be fully up to the job. I personally don't really want to tinker with getting a bigger FMIC, so it's something for me to ponder. Really interesting to see your figures though. Thanks!

Nice one Colin, I bet you're well pleased with those figures!

It wasn't long ago you were discussing new intercoolers anyway :)

Any other B6's there at all?

Cheer's James. I was hoping for a bit more bhp if i'm totaly honest. Bill and the boy's advised me to upgrade the intercooler's way back in January.
I have already spoke to Bill about fitting a front mount intercooler but I have stated it must not upset the look of the car.as I don't like or want the Jap style intercoolers, sticking out like a Rad/grill of juggernaut lol. I'm wanting it to fit behind the S-Line front bumper and grill's so the front still look's stock just like Paul's(tufftybloke) S3. So my plan's have changed again .

James as like most of the event/show's this year i again was the only A4 B6 there.. Never mind

Never satisfied mate :) You weren't alone at ADI though ;)

I agree on not upsetting the front, this looks ok - assuming you put whole fog grilles in!

front_34.jpg

Never satisfied mate :) You weren't alone at ADI though ;)

I agree on not upsetting the front, this looks ok - assuming you put whole fog grilles in!

front_34.jpg

Not my cup of tea that. I'm looking to have none of the bend's on show. Bill and Paul will also spray the bend'a and intercoller black.

Sorry my bad. I would like to get something sorted soon (it's on my mind now) and put back on the roller's.

As far as I'm aware (because I've bought one!) AWE have just cut their fog covers on their car because they wanted to and not because they needed to - their FMIC will fit and sit fully hidden for a complete stock look.