JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status

my air con makes a hissing noise-does yours

as the title suggests my aircon hisses.

it happens under the bonnet, the engine is an ake 2.5v6tdi 180 and to the left hand side as you face the engine(drivers side) there are 2 refrigerent pipes, They pass through the plenum chamber wall and disapear under the brake servo, there are two black screw caps on these pipes (1 on each). this is the area that hisses, you can hear it after the engine is turned off, it lasts for about 10 secs.

My question is is this a pressure relef thing or is something amiss?

seems to work ok, and no econ light on
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    This is normal mate. Mine does the same thing

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    thanks mate. its always a relief when you think somethings wrong and it turns out to be normal
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

3rd Gear

Status
    mine too

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by swarcup View Post
    thanks mate. its always a relief when you think somethings wrong and it turns out to be normal
    No probs mate....Glad to have put your mind at rest...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi mate
    my a4 tdi that i just got does the same, i took it to the garage to be looked at and he said it's normal on most Audi's

2nd Gear

Status
    this might not be normal, this could be due to running low on gas. Mine was doing this the other day, had it drained and moisture removed - regased and perfect!

Just my thoughts...
    Audi A4 TDi 130 Sport

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by swarcup View Post
    Indeed; I'll always remember the first time I saw a puddle of water under my first air-con equipped car on a hot day.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    Indeed; I'll always remember the first time I saw a puddle of water under my first air-con equipped car on a hot day.
    same here thought i had a fluid leak