JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Fitting Merc rims. What wheel bolts do i need?

I have got a 2002 audi a4 b6 1.8t avant. I have got some 8x18 et 41 mercedes wheels with 215/35 18 tyres i want to put on.

The holes are already the right size so no drilling required.
    Got spigot rings 66.6 to 57.1

The problem is the wheel bolts off my standard 16" audi alloys barely poke through the wheels.

I need to get some new longer wheel bolts but i dont know what length i need anybody have any ideas?

Also what size spacers will fit? the car will be getting slammed on coilovers soon.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    well best way to see what lenght you need is measure how far the bolts come through on the standard alloys say they come through 20mm, now measure how much of the bolt comes through on the merc wheels, say its 5mm, there for you will need bolts that are 15mm longer than standard.

its all about finding the difference then adding it onto the lenght of the standard bolt to get the lenght that you need

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Last year at Audi In The Park. The company that supply the rim's should also supply the bolt's, spacer's are fine but you need to know the offset of the wheel's first.

AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

Reverse Gear

Status
    The rims were used of ebay and came without wheel bolts. They are et 41. I poked the bolts through and measured the difference, it went roughly 20mm through the standard wheel and 7mm through the merc. I did this with a tape measure so it wasn't exactly precise if it is a couple of mm out will it be ok . Is there a better way to measure them.