Potential buy

Lex696

Reaction score
HI All, newbie here

been searching topics and pics and some great audis here so apologies if i didnt search hard enough and my questions have been answered.

hopefully ordering an s3 sportback soon, i live in cyprus and its going to cost circa 46k euros coz of our rediculous import tax on cars above 1.6ltrs, so speccing wisely is essential - hence:

I hear the ipod option is naff, and does not show you track names or lists. I am coming out of a bmw which had an amazing system so if its gonna be poor i would rather mount the thing on the dash and use aux in. leading me to the point - is there aux in as standard?

we dont get armrest or flat bottom steering wheel stnd here - i am assuming they are wise to spec?

how harsh is the ride? we dont have a demo here and cypriot roads arent the best.

thanks

p.s i have no idea over colour, thinking ibis with black styling and mtm rims, just had a white car so either want a change or clearly i like white so stick with what works. heart wants solar orange but head says resale would be non existant - especially here!

I think an AUX in is standard as i have it and it wasn't part of any extra spec. I also have the ipod option but i prefer to use the rnse sd cards to play music as they seem better sounding. Less distortion but maybe its just me

Armrest is useful, not sure about the flat bottom SW as i don't have one. I think it goes well with shift paddles but thats my opinion

RIde wise, mine is sport spec and its stiff enough but still leans too much in corners. I would be happy for more stiffness. Poor low speed ride turns into an awesome planted feel at speed. I prefer that

thanks mate - i read on other threads and forums ipod is a waste of time, bluetooth - i have a headset, sunroof doesnt spec on a sportback and the panoramic is bucks over here. i think i'm good and have kept it fairly humble

mffbsw, darkened glass, black pack, fc-armrest, bose, park sensors, light pack and electric seat adjust

suzuka grey in around 270 days of sun a year, mtm rims when i save up a bit

re: ride height, I think its something i'll get used to either way as its an awesome car.

HI All, newbie here

been searching topics and pics and some great audis here so apologies if i didnt search hard enough and my questions have been answered.

hopefully ordering an s3 sportback soon, i live in cyprus and its going to cost circa 46k euros coz of our rediculous import tax on cars above 1.6ltrs, so speccing wisely is essential - hence:

I hear the ipod option is naff, and does not show you track names or lists. I am coming out of a bmw which had an amazing system so if its gonna be poor i would rather mount the thing on the dash and use aux in. leading me to the point - is there aux in as standard?

If it is a new car your ordering the ipod control is far better with the new rns-e units theres a comparison thread with pics i think staz posted if you search

we dont get armrest or flat bottom steering wheel stnd here - i am assuming they are wise to spec?

armrest is a must imo interior looks wrong without it, as for the flat bottom wheel, its worthwhile imo but its not gonna stop the sale of the car if it doesnt

how harsh is the ride? we dont have a demo here and cypriot roads arent the best.

thanks

p.s i have no idea over colour, thinking ibis with black styling and mtm rims, just had a white car so either want a change or clearly i like white so stick with what works. heart wants solar orange but head says resale would be non existant - especially here!

the s3 std rid isnt too bad imho better than the sline just teh correct balance of hard and thats in pothole scotland

i dont think solar affects resale, i like many others would pay extra for it! what about sprint blue or monza silver or grey (cant remember the new name , the one that superceeded dolphin and lava grey)

HI All, newbie here

thanks

Where are you buying you car from ??? I have just ordered an a3 1.4T for 23,000(also in cyprus) with quite alot of extras, not only that my friend in Nicosia has also just ordered a s3 sportback and i think he paid 10,000 LESS than what you have proposed above. Who provided you with this quote ? and when buying from the dealer you dont incur the income tax this has no affect on the end price. i agree the roads arent the best but there not to harsh either where abouts are you from or living ?

Cheers P5. Does that mean you need to spec nav? i found those links and it looks as though - i wont be, as no nav in cyprus for oem as of yet.

will - yah I am in nicosia. the dealer is going to give me some % off I am sure but thats the price list (dont worry i wont pay that in the end i hope) :noway:

what do you mean about the income tax? i buying the car for personal use so will not be able to claim the tax back. glad to see another s3 about, or maybe not :yellowrs4:

if youre buying a new car and want the full ami you will have to spec nav (this is now std in the s models) failing that doent spec it as its rubbish save and ft both yourself its an easy task

In the end i got around 5k off my total price, as well as my gf who also bought one, speaking to my friend in nicosia he also got a similar deal, but 46K seems way way way too high for an s3 as you can get a TTS for that price, in regards to the income tax that should be included in the price of the car when you look at it no additional amount should be added, for example A3 20,000k. not A3 20,000k + income tax. Anyhow let me know how it goes, what wheels your thinking of getting and what not, we have many troodos road trips planned if your up for it. good luck with it all. :rockwoot:

I also see your looking for some new wheels alloys as well, as you would know the prices of alloys in CY are ridiculously HIGH so one suggestion and one thing that im doing myself is ordering them from the UK you will get them for less than half the price of what you would be expected to pay here.

do you mean vat? thats usually added on all cars though

its gonna end up at 42500 i think. the tts is 50+ new btw.

Stock wheels for the run in, then either mtm bimotos or black bbs ch-r. troodos sounds perfect. also, i am selling my ducati 696 to help the s3 funds so if you know any bikers on the island do let me know!

do you mean vat? thats usually added on all cars though

its gonna end up at 42500 i think. the tts is 50+ new btw.

Stock wheels for the run in, then either mtm bimotos or black bbs ch-r. troodos sounds perfect. also, i am selling my ducati 696 to help the s3 funds so if you know any bikers on the island do let me know!

I do actually my brother is looking for a bike as a run around so let me know how much you want for it and i will let him know! and when i asked my local dealer about the tt it would of been 33 with a few extras and when i asked about a tts it was 45 standard ??? - i will also be getting some black CH's for my gf's car as she ordered hers in brilliant black so she wants the whole black on black look.