Hi, I'm new here!

themikeyboosh

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just got my first Audi, a 2003 (53) 2.0 TDI in red, loving it so far!! I need to change the near side main beam, so I rang the local parts shop and he asked if it was 2 or 3 pin, I said I dunno and thought "why is everything always not straightforward."

I'm gonna go in tomorrow and get one so can someone tell me if I need a 2 or 3 pin bulb so I don't have to mess about taking it out tonight to have a look!

Cheers

First of all, welcome to the board.. Hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

As for your question, near side main beam as in Driving Lights? They are Wedge Bulbs, 2 pins if that's what you're after.

As xnox says. 2 pin for separate main and dip

Hello, I'm new also as just got my car 2 days ago and I really 'likes' it.

Yeah as in the driving lights...not the first click, the second one (not including auto). Thanks I'll get a 2 pin one tomorrow.

Also, one of the previous owners has stuck a bull (spanish style el toro!!) on the back under the 2.0 TDI badge, it's silver metal or plastic and doesn't look great IMO, any tips on how to remove safely? I'm scared stiff of marking the paint work.

Just carefully heat it up with a Hairdryer and wait till the glue softens up.. Carefully remove it. If there's minor scratches, you can buff it with some wax.. Wipe and clean!

I was going to say that... removed some go faster stripes off my old AX GT that way but wasn't sure if it would have worked in this situation, handy to know though.