pic request please?

gynads

Reaction score
Hi all,

could someone post a pic up of an S3 non mfsw, just a standard one no flat bottom etc just poverty spec. I have searched here and google images to no avail. I would take a pic of my own one but im offshore atm

cheers everyone

mine hasn't? i want it back if so!

I do believe that's a standard S-Line wheel my dear....

Someone care to prove me wrong? I usually am :laugh:

gutted, so mine would of had a FBMFSW???

Were they not an option on the pre-facelift models... They only included them as standard on the later revision with the drl etc.

:hi:

My '07 S3 poverty spec steering wheel looks exactly like the pistonheads image link you sent before Gynads, but just has the S3 logo on the bottom spoke of the wheel.

Car was at a great price with others in the showroom waiting to buy it if I didn't. That helped me overlook the "basic" wheel!

my s3 comes without the fbmfsw ive just got a mfw suppose ill get a fbmfsw one day just not at 600 quid

my 07 s3 was the poverty wheel aswel no mf just plain with the logo on which ive just sold on ebay for £200 :lmfao:l just got a fbmfsw but as you say when i bought my s3 last august with 13k for £18500 then it is an easy choice

im the same as you guys, seemed a bargain from an Audi dealer, its an o7 btw, sbhoy, how much did it cost you to change? did you have to change the steering wheel ecu also?

the FBMFSW became standard equipment on the 8P3, before that is was an optional extra.

right lads, the guy from ebay has messaged me back this message......

Hi,
we can supply this wheel for you but we need to know what type of airbag you have, there are two typed of airbag different from behind, not compatible with each other.
To find out you need to lift off your airbag and take a look at the back side.

is there a way i can phone audi with my reg, and find out what type of airbag is fitted? id get the chassis number , but as mentioned previously, im currnetly offshore

cheers

I doubt that Audi will know what you're on about

I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you out if you ask nicely :)

NHN has always been my guru :sos:

There are 2 tyres of round air bag he is right, I'm not sure which is the S3 one but I'm pretty sure the S3 and TT have identical ones. The other type is for the RS6/Lambo wheel

im pretty sure, from looking at the ones on e-bay, mine is part no
8P0 880 201A?

hi gynads it cost me £550 for fbmfsw then i bought an ecu off one of the guys on here which turned out to be the wrong on here ending in AF so yeh you will probebly need a new ecu part no: 8P0 953 549 F while the car was in audi on monday they tried to code it but confirmed it was wrong ecu so my mf does not work till i get new ecu £170 by audi:sob:

yeah should be fine, you not going for the flat bottom type then? Just upgrading to multifunction?

Lee, yeah, as much as i'd love one, it seems like a big jump in price to have a flat bottom, I can have RNS E and this wheel for the same price as a FBMFSW