How to remove the Stereo Unit ?

I oOEddOo I

Reaction score
Currently i want to connect my amp to the stereo to get going the problem is that i can't get the unit out anyone knows how to ?

Double din i think
single one is only suitable to 2003
What do you think ?

It is double, but I know the gaps in the keys are designed to hook round clips on the rails of the radio. I've not removed a stereo like yours so I don't know what the clips look like.

I dont want to tell you to get them, and then them to be wrong. Sorry I couldn't help more

Yes double DIN you need 4 keys. Before doing anything remove the glovebox, this will give you access to the rear of the HU. Insert the keys with the angled sides pointing inwards (towards each other). You should feel some resistance and then a slight click. With all the keys engaged push the HU from behind. DO NOT pull the HU out using the keys to pull on. If they have not engaged properly you can jam the spring clips and you'll have a right nightmare freeing it.
Check the HU is free at all 4 corners before using any real force to push it out. Once it is out you then push the spring clips in to release the keys.

i did this today, i wish i had known to push from behind! my fingers are swollen now from pulling on the keys... and it took 2 of us to get it out
so stupid... i thought it was jammed somewhere or i had the wrong keys :think:
i should be fitting in my new headunit tomorrow morning though... so overall a good result.

By the way for the keys i would just go to Audi or halfrauds... they shouldn't charge much for them.

oOEDDOo
those keys look like the right ones.