Rear Park Sensor Question if you have ETKA pls!

Sarah's A3

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid
Reaction score
My rear bumper has the larger park sensors with a what looks like a thin surround.

d9794b48.jpg

Got a pic of the smaller sized park sensors (part No 420 919 275) but should these also have the surrounds too??? They seem loose in the smaller holes in the rear bumper!

7072bd65.jpg

ae2b4451.jpg

thanks for any help/part numbers etc!

Sarah x

Etka shows an o-ring for each of the sensors, part number 1T0 919 133 C.
Perhaps there's a groove in the sensor or the mounting to locate this?

Sorry, haven't got that bit of Etka installed.....
Can only be pennies though, even at an Audi dealer :sm4:

yep just checked etka and they are 09+ sensors, there is a "o" ring the part number is 1T0 919 133 C showing a price of £0.05,

Well, picking up the complete front on Saturday. Rear diffuser tomorrow and the 4 rings as per above tomorrow too!

Managed to find the right rear bumper but when it arrived it has a big crease along the back so not sure if the body shop can sort this or best to move it on or scrap it to be honest! It never rains lol!!!!

Missed the side skirts on Ebay earlier which im annoyed with myself over! Other than that getting there lol unless I need to find another rear!!!

You???

you know me, ive always 60 projects on the go at once, hopefully picking up my wheels tomorrow will lay them against dads s3 that i spent 4 days paintully had polishing to elminate all the swirl its a prefaclift but youll get the idea, should be making up my oem retrofit brackets for the facelift wings tomorrow too so i may try them on, barring that ive only a 4 hour job of draining and removing the radiators etc so that i can fit the facelift grill surround, oh and my s3 facelift bumper arrived today so thats the whole front end in new parts should have a busy weekend ahead of me, but gotta get this exam outta the road its tomorrow

There are two sizes of sensors on the 8P A3/S3 - before 2008 they are the larger size as show in the 1st picture, the other pictures are of the smaller post 2008 smaller size. They arent interchangeable without alteratons:

pre: http://cgi.ebay.de/PDC-Ultrasonic-Sensor-Audi-A3-A4-A6-RS4-RS6-7H0919275D-/350351160354?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Autoteile_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item51928e7422

post: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/audi-a3-a5-pa...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa14b8220

Thanks for that info. When you say without alterations was that meaning hole size on bumper or are the wiring connections different too! I now have the smaller holes rear bumper and managed to get the small sensors too (just need 4 'O' rings but hoping that the connections fit from my bigger set???

thanks

pre 2008 3 pin plug - 3D0 973 703
post 2008 pin plug - 3C0 973 203

The wring to the PDC is slighly different too. You'd be better off with a copy of Elsa to compare the two different looms

Thanks Khufu, not sure where I find a copy of Elsa though!

Maybe its worth trying to find some plugs for the smaller ones and doing some wire cutting! Or is this going to give an error??? I assume both sizes have the same number of wires to them??

Why is nothing straight forward! lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-VOLKSWAGEN...es_Manuals_Litterature_ET&hash=item3effb729ed

or find a place to download LOL

IIRC, the newer sensors loom is wired into two pairs with a 3rd to identify the specific sensor as opposed to the older version where all the wires go to seperate pins on the pdc module. If your planning to do yourself you really need wiring diagram to make it work with the pdc module revision you have.

thanks for the info! Wasnt sure what Elsa was, do now! lol determined to over come this! so thanks

sorry to bump this, but now your conversion is complete i was hoping you might be able to help me out with this...

ok my car is equipped with a non-Audi aftermarket PDC set, so it was not equipped with sensors from the factory. i've just bought a '09 rear bumper off eBay with holes for the sensors. can i retrofit the factory sensors set to a car that didn't originally have sensors and do you know how i'd go about doing this?

i know you had sensors from the factory and had to rewire yours, but i'm wondering whether i should just have the holes rebored and refit my aftermarket kit or stump up for the newer style sensors. what you reckon?

i've just thought of another solution - trying to wire the Audi sensors into the aftermarket kit, tho i think that might end in tears.