Anyone had any joy getting Audi to cover any of the costs of cylinder head change?

Jon_w

Reaction score
The past week, I have noticed that on two occasions there was a HUGE cloud of white smoke after pulling away from work, but other than that, nothing when driving. The coolant was topped up after service 3 months ago, but has stayed pretty much level since then, however I topped up the oil this morning to find residue on the oil filler cap. As mines is an early 2005, I am assuming the worst and that the cylinder head is on the brink.

As this seema to be a well known problem with the 2.0TDI 140 engines, has anybody had any luck with getting audi to cough up some of the repair costs for out of warranty head replacements? Or know of anybody who has?

Haven't been to the garage yet, to check whether its gasket or the head itself, but knowing my luck its the head.

There seem to be at least two other people in the last week with cylinder head issues, Is it worth getting an actual number of how many people on here have had a replacement, if audi aren't willing to cover costs?

Had £500 paid by Audi towards our A6 2.0tdi, which left us £1500 to pay, but that included cambelt?

Why would Audi cover the cost unless you have an extended warranty? we are in 2010 now, how many miles has your car done?

No Extended Warranty, but if this is such a well known problem, that Audi now about, and they have fixed (this you can tell because of the fact that almost all of those between 2003-2005 have cracked, add one to this figure, and very few since then), then they should contribute to the cost of fixing, if this is a result of poor quality materials or poor engineering. Im not saying all of the cost, but a contribution for a known fault.

No Extended Warranty, but if this is such a well known problem, that Audi now about, and they have fixed (this you can tell because of the fact that almost all of those between 2003-2005 have cracked, add one to this figure, and very few since then), then they should contribute to the cost of fixing, if this is a result of poor quality materials or poor engineering. Im not saying all of the cost, but a contribution for a known fault.

You would think so but sadly no! Under warranty, no probs! Our £500 was only after My Hicks was emailed and lots of emails that followed. To this day they wont/didnt admit there was ever a fault!!! Go figure!

You can try mate but personally i don`t think you have a snowballs chance in hell. Even if Audi did knock a few hundred quid off the total bill for getting the car fixed at a dealers would come to much more then if you went to an independant garage so you still wouldn`t be any better off getting it fix at the dealers in the end anyway. I have a couple secondhand heads laying about if you want to pop a head on cheaply as a new head is about £800-£900 in total just to buy.