Remap help

chris1988brown

Reaction score
Hi guys I need advice*
I need another remap on my car since fittin a hybrid turbo, I curently have a custom code phase 1 however my local cc dealers dnt seam to know what there doin, I need a cc phase two map and a phase 1 dsg map, can any one recomend some tuners in the north east? I can get it all done with Rs tuning a rly gd tuner I have used in the past however the earliest time i can
Get is 19th June and as always want it doin now lol.
It doesn't have to be a custom code tuner.

Thanks in advance
Chris

RS Tuning in Leeds?

I had my DSG A3 mapped there, pleased with it.

:icon_thumright:

off to rs tunin tomorrow for my hybrid turbo to be maped in and dsg map also will have before and afer rr graphs :) will post up results asap cheers chris

cheers bud im rather excited as ive fit ma boost gauge and its runnin 1.7 bar now and pullin rly well so once the map has been tweaked should be awsome

I am very interested to see what power your car is meant to be making now and what it makes later. What size turbo did you go for in the end? You will be fitting some PPD uprated injectors next. Go on you know you want to.:eyebrows:

Hey Chris,

Hows this coming along? Bit of a race between me and you to see who is the 1st to get a PD170 with a hybrid fitted!

Now guys

been to Rs tunin, found the car didn't have the power I was expecting due to a crap map from jbs tuning which delivered 190bhp n 250ft lbs, Paul worked his magic n got a result of 210bhp n 335ft lbs, he stopes
at this as we don't know the max boost the new turbo can
take so decided to keep it safe runnin 1.7 bar through the rev range however Paul said once I find out of the turbo company what it can run we can adjust it further, I was more than happy before but now
it is so much better plus even harder which I can explain n it is way smoother right through the rev ragne so I'm more
than happy how it drives:)

cheers again Paul for a awsome map

chris

1efdfef2.jpg

55f398cc.jpg

5b34e93e.jpg

a0d36348.jpg

Can you post the dyno printout the right way up mate? have you got a printout of the CC map dyno.

190 bhp is worse then a stand remap on a PD170. They usually make 180 bhp on a dyno to start with.

I no that's want I though obviously
jbs's map was crap, Its
never been
rr'd before as jbs didn't know how to do this either with it been dsg.

Save the pic of graph n rotate it I dnt have a comp ATM

Chris your car looks mint in that colour,did you order it like that or just buy from someone else who did?

Chris resprayed it Orange, it looks teh dogs :)

Did you get the DSG box mapped as well Chris? If so, what kind of real world driving difference has it made?

And no didn't get the dsg nap in the end as it's not over the tourque limits so didn't bother maybe in future what I get the map tweaked once I know the max runnin pressure for the turbo

What BHP are you aiming for? I imagine 240ish? Where did you get this hybrid turbo and was it a straight swap?

ye im hopin for 240 -260, but mainly intrested in tourque figures as thats what really matters, i got the turbo from turbo soloutions and yes it was a straight swap but a total pain to do and wouldnt want to do it again any time soon

So Chris, what have you had done? DPF delete, map and hybrid turbo?

JBS have always had bad reviews, it's a shame that the Miltek DPF delete can only be bought from them

Keep us updated, will be interesting to see how ours compare

I've been told i'll be getting around the 250 mark once mine is done

Any other mods needed for that turbo? FMIC, injectors, fuel pump? I'm hoping to see 220 with Revo, filter and gutting the dpf.

I have told you already Japtastic that Revo don`t do a DPF delete map. If you gut/remove your DPF while running a Revo map the car will not start or run. Ask Revo if you want.

your turbo should be able to take 1.8bar. I know the turbo dynamics both GT17 and GT20 ones can. The pre hybrid map seems very dissapointing, maybe this had something to do with being DSG? did you also get the DSG software mapped?

The care currently has miltek dpf delete pipe miltek car back n green cotton filter n hybrid turbo n custom Rs tunin map it is only currently maped to 1.7 barcehich is ehatvit was with the cc map and no hybrid turbo, the cc map was ****, I'm gonna ring
supplyer of turbo tomorrow fond outnits
max safe runnin pressure then before I go back to get the map adjusted
poss fit a fm intercooler

I havnt got dsg softwear as of yet as it's stil within the tourque limits but once close or over will get it

mikey how much for complete set of the bosios? are they plug and play or will i need to add them to my exiting injectors?
PPD injectors are an upgrade for the PD170. What you need is a set of Bosio P1287+ injectors. What you buy is a set of injector nozzles that you then have to pay somebody to strip a set of PD140 injector bodies and fit/pressure test the new nozzles. The injectors are then fitted as usual but need to be mapped in over wise the car will run but smoke like hell as the ECU doesn`t realise the injectors are flowing more fuel then normal. P1287+ nozzles are good for about a true constant 280-290 bhp . I have a set of P1287+ injectors already fitted in some PD140 bodies ready to bolt in if your interested, also a ported PD140 head with pre and post porting flow bench test results showing the increase in flow.

£600 for the injectors which have been fitted and tested.£700 for the head which is a new C version head that had only done 1000 miles and looks as new which will come with all the cams,valves etc so a straight swap for your head no messing about swaping cams,valves etc over. Basically a friend had a project where he was going to have the same engine set up as i have now for a drag car in a MK1 golf but lost interest and i bought everything off him. I have the whole engine if your interested.