Twin-Grille to Single Grille S-Line - Complete

Hellz

Geordie Racer
Reaction score
Hi All,

Recently had the work done to convert from twin grille to single grille. Heres how it looked Before:

30042009375blurredbefore1024.jpg

Heres how it looks for now...

24042010519%20blurred1024.jpg

24042010522blurred_1024.jpg

24042010520_1024.jpg

24042010518blurred1024.jpg

24042010521blurred_1024.jpg

24042010517blurred_1024.jpg

24042010523_1024.jpg

Next in the pipeline is the fitting of the Cupra-R Splitter, I trimmed it down today but it was becoming a pain in the **** to fit so going to give it a go tomorrow.

Secondly, I'll be refurbing the wheels and powder coating them - still undecided on which colour to go for between satin black and a dark grey/anthracite - what do you guys reckon?

Lastly, I'm looking to put on an S3 rear bumper / diffuser...

PS: Apologies if the pics are huuuuuuge, I'll downsize them again tomorrow...

Forgot to mention, if you hadnt already noticed I had the mirrors painted black too - same colour as the grille...

not sure about the mirrors mate but rest of the car is wicked.well done

get washerjets cut in for them xenons, blind me and there will be all hell to pay :laugh:

looks not bad mate im sure ill show it up in a few months to pull off the black mirrors you need some more black on the car, ie some bbs ch black editions would do nicely and get some tinting done, some facelift tails too :)

Very nice mate, i like the way its coming along. agree with the above, you need tints and dark rimz to set the black look off properly. but still very much like it.

YAY you finally got it done!

Looks a million times better :)

Dont listen to this lot,they will happily spend your money all day long..............

But I think them alloys need to be dark, to complement the rest of the car.

Good work so far my son!

Looking good! how much roughly was the whole conversion? I'm planning on doing mine when I get the chance!

YAY you finally got it done!

Looks a million times better :)

Dont listen to this lot,they will happily spend your money all day long..............

But I think them alloys need to be dark, to complement the rest of the car.

Good work so far my son!

haha its worth it though scottie :)

yeah, wheels are next in line, need new tyres soon so im going to powder coat the s-lines at the same time in either satin black or a dark grey/anthracite - still undecided, help?!?

btw, if anyone is looking to do this and needs an s-line fog, I'm selling one on the bay at the moment. Reason being, I had the work scheduled in and had bought the fog light from some guy in Germany. It took so long to arrive and was the only thing holding up getting my car back so i bought one brand new (typically, after nearly 2 weeks of waiting it arrived the next day from me buying new)... Its for the passenger side so if you're interested it may save you a bob or two as they are overly expensive from AUDI...

you can find it here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110522450854&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Awesome transformation! Lovely.

Think dark Grey for the wheels personally. Nice :icon_thumright:

Hi so have you had the standard grill sprayed all the same colour?

Hi so have you had the standard grill sprayed all the same colour?

No, I bought the FK-grille from FK.de which is an S3 type lookalike grille which comes finished in black.

you need BBS CH rims for your audi mate!!! xD

I say get the BBS CK's... much better looking IMO

I'd love a set of either of the above but at the moment cant justify (to the other half) spending £1300 on alloys :) I would buy reps but am worried about the quality hence going for a change of colour on the standard S-Lines (which I also think are nice wheels).

Alreet! I'm thinking about doing this mod to my A3. It's an 2005 SE and I really want that grille! Was it an easy mod or did it require a whole new front bumper and bonnet?

if youre reffering to going from double to single grill do a search, youll find it requires a bonnet bumper and new fogs

Nice mate!

Would that grille fit my car as standard? I have a large grille like that at mo, but the standard chrome one...

Yeah mate - it will fit. Head over to fk-automotive's website if you're interested in buying one - it actually works out cheaper if you buy from the German store, or at least it did when I bought mine :)

So.... last weekend I went and got my wheels done, not the best pics but you get the idea, I'll post some better ones when the sun is out in full force :)
20100528_001_blurred.jpg

20100528_003_1924.jpg

20100528_004_1024.jpg

20100528_002_blurred.jpg

I still have the cupra r front splitter to fit and whilst I'm at it I'm thinking of painting the brake calipers black, I had considered red but was concerned it might look a bit garish against the black wheels...what do you guys reckon?

Black calipers + black wheels would be a tad too much don`t you think? Stick to silver IMO

Wheels look good, too dark for my taste though

Silver brake calipers?

I was thinking of painting them black because theyre looking a little aged/weather beaten now ( the wheels being black seems to exaggerate it) and I dont want the calipers screaming "look at me".

When I was choosing the colour of the wheels on the day I found it really difficult to decide. I , like you, was concerned they would look too dark and when the work was complete I wasnt 100% sure I'd made the right decision.

Today though we were heading back to the car, sun belting down and it looked quite good... I'm still not 100% but I'm content - it looks better than it did before at least and the wheels were in need of a refurb!

I need to save for some BBS's I think - or just give up and buy a new car, god know i've been close recently :D

paint em grey / silver black is too much and you cant go throuwing red in if you dont have it anywhere else

I guess what`s done is done right? Even though some might tell you that black isn`t 100% great as a choise, would you be willing to paint them again? I doubt it!

They will grow on you in time, don`t worry. Surely pictures change the colours a bit :)

Still undecided about your calipers though!

Well I think the wheels look good. Ties in well with the Grill and Mirrors! I think callipers would look good red, add a splash of lively colour and tie in the rear lights! I like red!!

Nice car fella
I dont have any opinions other than you should be extremely happy now i will leave the opinons to the board lol

Cheers guys.

Whats happening with yours Sarah - surely you have all the parts by now!? :sly:

Looking forward to seeing it when complete :rock:

You said you got an S3 bumper, are you going black optics grille or are you keeping it pretty much standard?

lol, its been ages hasnt it! Got the S3 front bumper which came with the black optics grill so a huge bonus. Got the rear bumper and diffuser but just working out the rear sensors but getting help on that. Not sure if to use the optics grill or try to pick up a chrome one as im also getting S3 mirrors but I can always change the grill at a later date. Alloys are in August so getting excited. Just waiting to get a slot for painting then off I go lol. Looking forward to taking it apart. Just need some skirts but may give the guys at TPS a ring to get it all painted together!

I'm totally in love with the Black Grille mate. I've got a 07 plate Black Sline with the standard chrome grille I have been dying to change.

I had a browse on the DK website you recommended. Is it possible to PM me the model number of the exact one you bought? As there are three which (to me) look identical :uhm:. Cheers for your help in advance.

Lads,

Im new to this site but was hoping someone could help me out...

Im doing an s line front end conversion to a 2004 A3, does anyone happen to know if the front bumper off a 5 door will fit a 3 door?

cheers

Thanks bud, thats much appreciated.

I ask because I bought an s line bumper off ebay and when i have come to check the part number it differs from the one Audi have given me for a 3 door model so i am thinking the one I have bought is off a 5 door. I wanted to be sure it would fit before i have it sprayed, I was going to do a 'mock-up' this wkend to see if it would fit but you have just saved me a job!

cheers

I'm totally in love with the Black Grille mate. I've got a 07 plate Black Sline with the standard chrome grille I have been dying to change.

I had a browse on the DK website you recommended. Is it possible to PM me the model number of the exact one you bought? As there are three which (to me) look identical :uhm:. Cheers for your help in advance.

Mins, 4 weeks late (sorry!) but its been a while since I've been on here!...The exact model no. is [FONT=&quot]FKSG33003-2 and the part is described on the .de site as [/FONT] FK ABS Sportgrill - schwarz mit Logohalte.

Hope this helps
:)

Thanks bud, thats much appreciated.

I ask because I bought an s line bumper off ebay and when i have come to check the part number it differs from the one Audi have given me for a 3 door model so i am thinking the one I have bought is off a 5 door. I wanted to be sure it would fit before i have it sprayed, I was going to do a 'mock-up' this wkend to see if it would fit but you have just saved me a job!

cheers

The S-Line bumper I used was from a 5dr A3, it will fit fine, good luck and get some pics up once you're done :)

Hellz; thanks for the confirmation, I will post pics hopefully next wkend providing all goes smoothly!

cheers

Hello just to confirm i was thinking of changing my front to the one piece grill, so do i get a bumper with grill and have to get a new bonnet and new fogs? thanks in advance