Anyone know how to remove the vent rings?

audiv6

Reaction score
Anyone kno how to take off the black vent rings with the silver dot on them?

I've got all the vents out but need to get the rings off!

Anyhelp appreciated:icon_thumright:

mmmm, no idea, you painting them I assume? I'd just mask them up!

No mate i have managed to acquire a full set of TT vent rings, genuine audi ones but i cant see how the olf rings come off lol! the TT ones dont look as if they have been stuck or anything at any stage.

My very kind next door neighbour gave me them as he had a TT but sold it on, He bought these new ones as the ones he had were scraped but never got around to fitting them lol!

Edit: just re-read your post, ignore me...

the black ring cant be removed the full vent has to be replaced , or you can remove the inner silver ring just by pulling carefully on it ,then the vent slots fall out .

Last edited:
yep as Hollow says the whole assembly comes out. I did this to fit a Garmin mount that goes around the two centre vents. I found that getting a credit card or similar under the vent 'lip' allows you to get some movement started ... then its a case of moveing around it and easing it bit by bit. then you can grab it and pull the whole thing out.

Its a pretty tough part and no wires etc to worry about... just be a little careful of the geared mechanism on the underside of the assembly!

Mo

i have all the vents outs but cant get that black ring off, i looks like it should :(

Has anyone got a link to a diagram?