has anyone tryed a remap like this?

webby1001

Reaction score
hi guys

got a guy coming to see me tomoro who is gunner remap my car. its not a revo or a apr or anythink like that. hes going to do like a rolling road remap on the road. he reakons it will give it atleast 45 - 50 bhp. he said its not a generated map like the revo 1s where they just tweak the boost and tell it what fuel to run on. but this is 1 where they map it percificaly to what the car needs. i was just woundering what you guys think, and has anyone else tryed this? its a mate of a mate so its only 200.

well... more imortantly...

What car is it? What's the motor?

-And without a dyno, you'll have no proof of ANY numbers.

I call a scam. -I bet that if you take it to a dyno, his claims will be shown to be entirely optimistic.

If it's anyone who's halfway reputable,there should be a company name,and at least some evidence of prior work done.

Going to "some guy" who's a "mate of a mate" and expecting results the equivalent of say,Revo Stage1 is asking for trouble.

Just for the record...all maps are "generated" by a computer program of one sort or another,it's just that some are generated by people who have experience and knowledge of the engine and ECU they are dealing with.

50bhp ?? you only have his word for it and he has a £200 incentive to convince you what ever.....What car is it ?

hi guys

got a guy coming to see me tomoro who is gunner remap my car. its not a revo or a apr or anythink like that. hes going to do like a rolling road remap on the road. he reakons it will give it atleast 45 - 50 bhp. he said its not a generated map like the revo 1s where they just tweak the boost and tell it what fuel to run on. but this is 1 where they map it percificaly to what the car needs. i was just woundering what you guys think, and has anyone else tryed this? its a mate of a mate so its only 200.

There is a little bit more to the REVO map than just a few tweaks lol

He is going to need a bit of road where he can hold the car flat out and work his lap top and even then he will not know if what he is doing is working.....:hubbahubba:

Sounds like a "turn the boost up" job and sod the consequence..

hes somebody that dose alot of remaping but hes not a big name like revo and apr etc. its on a audi s3 8p. some good and helpful info here thou

For an s3, personally, I would go with a reputable company.

It is an expensive car to just put on a random map for the sake of a couple hundred quids saving.

Revo and the likes are tried and tested.

For an s3, personally, I would go with a reputable company.

It is an expensive car to just put on a random map for the sake of a couple hundred quids saving.

Revo and the likes are tried and tested.

Wise words.

hes somebody that dose alot of remaping but hes not a big name like revo and apr etc. its on a audi s3 8p. some good and helpful info here thou

Would be interesting to know whos doing the coding for him,and what his results are.

Seriously though,why spend a couple of hundred bucks hiring a mate of a mate who allegedly does a lot of remapping,when you can get the most widely used in the business,with known results,and good backup,for just a couple of hundred more.

As a lot of others here have also said,I wouldn't send my S3 to someone that didn't know what he was doing,and that I hadn't checked out first.