Annoying Seat Belt Rattle in S3

beanoir

Large Member
Reaction score
I have an annoying rattle coming from the seat belt socket/holder whatever it's called, with the seat belt plugged in when i'm driving along, the car has only done 2k miles and its clearly lose enough to produce a really annoying rattle.

Does anybody else have this?

Can't say I have mate to be honest. The bolster on my passenger seat squeaks when my skinny-**** girl friend is sat there though!

I had this on my last car (a Mk4 Golf GTI 25th Anniversary) and the only cure I found was to wrap a bit of insulating tape around the metal clasp so it didn't rattle when in the socket/holder (I don't know what it's called either lol)

Can't say I have mate to be honest. The bolster on my passenger seat squeaks when my skinny-**** girl friend is sat there though!

That really is begging for a witty retort Staz! I'm holding back but it's difficult!

I had this on my last car (a Mk4 Golf GTI 25th Anniversary) and the only cure I found was to wrap a bit of insulating tape around the metal clasp so it didn't rattle when in the socket/holder (I don't know what it's called either lol)

That might be the solution, I had to do that once before....in a Metro! I can't bear to have to stoop to the same level for this car! But if nothing else comes along in terms of a solution then I might have to.

I know what you mean - it's a pants solution, but better than the annoying rattle. TBH after a short while I didn't even notice the tape anymore.

The Golf had another rattle i never resolved however, which was the door pin vibrating against the plastic it sat in - very annoying and couldn't work out a cure for that one. Luckily the S3 has no door pins.