Remap for S3 with DSG gearbox_ what are the options ?

willmac

Reaction score
I know what everyone will be thinking ..... not another tuning thread !
It's just that pretty much all the info so far appears to cover the manual gearbox. From what I understand the DSG is different, in the fact that the gearbox has to be reprogrammed as well as the engine ?
So based on this, I was wondering what advice anyone may have for me for a 2010 model S3 ? I would be looking for basic set up in conjunction with Milltek and ITG .

cheers

I have contacted Revo, and been told they are still working on the MY10 DSG map for the S3. They are confident they will crack the encryption that Audi have added to the software, but dont know when it will be ready.

you can get a stage 1 remap no probs but for more you would need the torque limit in the DGS gearbox to be lifted, REVO offer DSG software, see link http://www.revotechnik.com/aboutRevo/news/dsg.aspx

:no: Revo DSG software does not cover 2010 S3 - I know as I've enquired about it with Revo - they are currently working on the coding but first need to get past the DSG encryption software - some people on here have a view that it will never be achievable - i'm more optimistic:faint: :thumbsup:

Edit: as per IanS3 posted a few seconds before me:)

Last edited:
A remap that I supply courtesy of celtic tuning will take the bhp from 261 to 310 and the torque from 258 lbft to 303 lbft. Done an 08 model the other week n the guy absolutely loves it.

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/dsg.htm
The clutch in a DSG box is operated via oil pressure. With stock software the oil pump makes 30bar and you can raise it to 33 bar via software, then the mechanical bypass valve opens. To make the DSG box work over 368lb torque i expect HPA etc close the mechanical bypass and map the oil pump to pump harder but how long the pump lasts and what damage is don`t to the clutch plates i don`t know as i have very little knowledge of the DSG box and it`s workings.

The max safe torque of the DSG box is about 310 lb unless you start to alter the software on the DSG box as well which raises the limit to about 368 lb before the DSG computer start to cut in and automatically limit the torque. It is true tuning companies have ran cars with much higher torque such as HPA with the stage 3 software but if you read the small print at the bottom ....

STAGE 3
EXTREME PERFORMANCE
Price $1995

Stage 3 software is a must for all 400+ HP applications and those drivers who demand the most out of their chassis in D, S, or M mode. In addition to the upgrades offered in the Stage 2 package, Stage 3 includes the following benefits:
Stage 3 is a complete departure from the factory software, every gear interchange throughout every mode (D, S, and M) at every driving condition (tip, partial, or wide open throttle) is recalibrated to accommodate torque in excess of 600 ft lbs of torque.
Our programming revamps the clutch engagement curve and allows you to take advantage of the increased grip from performance clutches by scaling out the pressure calibration field. With more pressure on tap to clamp down the clutches, the additional TQ applied through High HP applications won’t strain your clutch packs.
The D mode up-shift program has been tailored to avoid sub 30 MPH 6 gear selections which, when combined with high HP and torque, will overload the sensitive input shafts of the gearbox.
Additionally, a manual override feature enables the driver to retain manual callout in D or S mode instead of reverting back to automatic after 8 seconds.
NOTE://OEM clutches have a durability threshold of 400 crank HP. With stage 3, we have been able to hold 500HP but the reliability of these packs can not be quantified.

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/dsg.htm
The clutch in a DSG box is operated via oil pressure. With stock software the oil pump makes 30bar and you can raise it to 33 bar via software, then the mechanical bypass valve opens. To make the DSG box work over 368lb torque i expect HPA etc close the mechanical bypass and map the oil pump to pump harder but how long the pump lasts and what damage is don`t to the clutch plates i don`t know as i have very little knowledge of the DSG box and it`s workings.

The max safe torque of the DSG box is about 310 lb unless you start to alter the software on the DSG box as well which raises the limit to about 368 lb before the DSG computer start to cut in and automatically limit the torque. It is true tuning companies have ran cars with much higher torque such as HPA with the stage 3 software but if you read the small print at the bottom ....

STAGE 3
EXTREME PERFORMANCE
Price $1995

NOTE://OEM clutches have a durability threshold of 400 crank HP. With stage 3, we have been able to hold 500HP but the reliability of these packs can not be quantified.

so you pay $1995 for someone to break your car :think:

A DGS Remap on a 2010 S3 Sportback is available! QST in Haywards Heath or Bognor Motors in West Sussex. Just had mine done and it's worth doing.

The encryption on the new S3's DSG has been broken recently, 4 weeks ago when I was making the enquiries it was only a "possibility" but is very much doable now. Have a hunt around the remapping guys up your way and word/tech should have spread enough by now. It allows full torque to 1st & 2nd gear and I've not timed it exactly but 0-60 is comfortably under 5 secs. Those of us on here who've had a stage 2 remap will second me in saying that it does transform the car into something quite frightening, lol. Audi release the S3 with its factory settings which only release about 60% of the car's power; even then it's pretty quick but imagine unlocking another 20%? It also balances out the steering and adds weight to it in the corners perfectly. Overall drives much better if not perfectly. To go the whole hog stick a Heldex controller on the diff and you balance the quattro to 50/50. I've not done that myself and doubt I will.

Let us know what you do but do it quick and get the most out of your S3 - and hold its resale value too.

Maestro,

Have you had your 2010 DSG remapped then and by whom?

ok guys, i will write this as someone who remapped the engine but not the DSG (59 plate). As we now know there may or may not be a flash for it. either way what i noted was a significant lag of about half a second between each gear change before the power came in. dont get me wrong the power was great when it came in, but there was a significant lag in upchanges in all modes. there are a lot of you guys out there that know the techy perspectives on this, but in my basic explanation that is what i can tell you happens. the car got nicked in Dec and my new one arrives next week and will stay standard until there is a tried and tested solution to the DSG before i remap it for real. just my 2c's and i hope that others can learn from my mistake.

Maestro, I've tried replying to your PM but it states you don't receive them :)

I live near South London.

I agree with you 100% Darren as I had exactly the same thing and mapped it back to standard.