Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New rims

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status

New rims

After selling my CH's, I needed some wheels to run around on until my new "Summer" wheels are ready.

I went for 18" Cades Bern's. It's a new wheel, but really pleased with how it looks on these

A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    they look really nice and surprising bigger than 18s

2009 Suzuki GSXR1000K9 SE in White
    2012 Triumph Speed Triple R in Black
    2012 RS3 in Racing Mica Blue
    2012 A1 TFSI in Misano red (shared with mum)

Geordie Racer

Status
    Very nice - good contrast with the colour of the car too. I agree they look bigger than 18".
    AUDI S3 2007 Dolphin Grey

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    3.2 V6 Quattro S-Line DSG
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

2nd Gear

Status
    Very nice Pete. I imagine that they look bigger coz you've dropped it on its arse?

I would have loved to take your CH's off you, but still awaiting the decision from work on my bonus!!

Chris
    Car: Phantom Black A3 2.0 TFSI S-Line BLACK EDITION, 3-door, manual

Gievf Buckets

Status
    nice, love it i actually think it almost looks like its meant to be there, similar style to some vw oem wheels too cant go wrong with that

Status
    Cheers for the comments. I didn't think they look all that big, but very used to seeing the car on 19's, as had 19" BBS LM Reps before the CH's.

I'm really pleased with the style - it's a 'classic' wheel design, and doesn't look too aftermarket which was my concern.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

6th Gear

Status
    Tidy!

I think they look bigger because you had black wheels before and the new contrast is deceiving you! Black wheels never look big i reckon.
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    Tidy!

I think they look bigger because you had black wheels before and the new contrast is deceiving you! Black wheels never look big i reckon.
    Strangely I thought the CH's looked a lot bigger! It's the 40 profile tyres it's got on now that make them look small to me.

S3 (8P)

Status
    Look good, much better contrast with the car.
    I really struggle with black rims on a black car.
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

The King of Cannock

Status
    I like those a lot mate So what are your summer wheels?

Chris

Air, OZ, Tarrox, on a TDI

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by b19ctr View Post
    I like those a lot mate So what are your summer wheels?
    Cheers. Summer wheels should be revealed in the next few weeks!

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status
    Pretty nice for 18's, i like.

I liked your CH's more, but then i'm biased.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Japper View Post
    Pretty nice for 18's, i like.

I liked your CH's more, but then i'm biased.

My CH's rocked, but unfortunately were too good (and worth too much) to just use as winter wheels. My summer wheels should hopefully be a bit special!!

6th Gear

Status
    I like them, very BBS looking, how much did you pay Pete ?
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    They don't look big to me at all, but they do look nice Pete, and I like the choice of your summer wheels....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin140 View Post
    I like them, very BBS looking, how much did you pay Pete ?
    I know the guy behind the Cades range, so he did me them at mates rates. But RRP is just 500 inc VAT per set, so very good value still at that price I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    They don't look big to me at all, but they do look nice Pete, and I like the choice of your summer wheels....
    Agreed, they look like 18's I think. Not big, not small, just 18's...
    Oh and that's assuming the ones you know about aren't decoy summer wheels

flying oyster

Status
    Loving the wheels Pete but didnt you once say 18 wheels were for homo,s pete
    S3 8L ming blue westys old car shed loads of mods

"Fire up the Quattro!"

Status

My Social Networking

Add Audi-Rog on Facebook
    The rims look sharp Pete, great choice, suit the car well, very OEM. Throw in some Audi center caps and you wouldn't know!

They look like a cross between BBS RC and CH's and loving the look of your car in general, it's giving me inspiration

I may look at getting some Summer/Winter set of rims

Rog
    Last edited by Audi-Rog; 11th February 2010 at 17:24.
    |Audi S4 B6 4.2 V8..gone|A3 TFSI Q S line..gone|
    |Current: Audi A3 3.2 V6 DSG
    S line|BBS Carlitos|

|K&N Panel Filter|Superchipped 265 BHP|
    |Link
    :FREEMAN:detailing Milton Keynes|

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by flying oyster View Post
    Loving the wheels Pete but didnt you once say 18 wheels were for homo,s pete
    Only if they're your only set! As I have special summer wheels also, that makes me a super-hetro-stud

2nd Gear

Status
    I would have snaped your arm off for those bbs wheels mate . how much did they go for if you dont mind me asking

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jsws3 View Post
    I would have snaped your arm off for those bbs wheels mate . how much did they go for if you dont mind me asking
    1550 with tyres.

Gears of War

Status
    they look nice m8. whats your ride height now?
    "Its not so much that I set out to make an S3, its just I think the S3 is the best body kit for an A3."

2nd Gear

Status
    i would of had them mate . i live them wheels

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jsws3 View Post
    i would of had them mate . i live them wheels
    All I did was put up one post saying I might sell them and I was fighting off offers They were great wheels, but I think I'm too young still to settle down with just one set.

Quote Originally Posted by PregnantNproud View Post
    they look nice m8. whats your ride height now?
    Cheers. Should be around 60-65mm with the measurements I took last year.

Lets make that kitten purr...

Status
    Nice rimmage - look alot like HRE Monoblock's which are up there as one of my all time fav wheels.

Always wondered what they'd look like on the A3. Any chance of a side on pic?
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by I'mRonBurgundy? View Post
    Nice rimmage - look alot like HRE Monoblock's which are up there as one of my all time fav wheels.

Always wondered what they'd look like on the A3. Any chance of a side on pic?
    Yeah very very similar to the HRE's, which are awesome wheels I agree.

Just taken this pic for you:

Quality not great, as in my garage, with my phone, etc. Hope it's some use!!

Lets make that kitten purr...

Status
    Thanks. I've not heard of Cades before. Just checked the website - a bit basic but not bad though.

Do you know if the standard audi centre caps fit?
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by I'mRonBurgundy? View Post
    Thanks. I've not heard of Cades before. Just checked the website - a bit basic but not bad though.

Do you know if the standard audi centre caps fit?
    It's a new brand, but the guy behind it has been in the wheel game for years. Not sure if the standard Audi centres fit, but sure they'd hook you up with Audi badges for the new centre caps if not.

3rd Gear

Status
    very similar to VMR 710's which is one of my favorites

5th Gear

Status
    I Like them, the black looks quite good too, i've got the option of either having mine refurbed or getting new set and then just using the originals for winter. I'd love 19's but they wouldn't last long around here and i think the ride would be way too hard.
    Gone A3 TDi S Line DSG Bluefined

Now Seat Leon Cupra about to be Bluefined

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTDCi View Post
    I Like them, the black looks quite good too, i've got the option of either having mine refurbed or getting new set and then just using the originals for winter. I'd love 19's but they wouldn't last long around here and i think the ride would be way too hard.
    I've never had a different set of wheels for each season, but quite like the idea. Just need to think of a good autumn set...

If I'm honest, I noticed no real difference changing from 35 profile on the 19's to 40 profile on the 18's.

5th Gear

Status
    hmmmm i wonder what they would look like in matt anthracite in 19's on a red Leon....
    Gone A3 TDi S Line DSG Bluefined

Now Seat Leon Cupra about to be Bluefined

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTDCi View Post
    hmmmm i wonder what they would look like in matt anthracite in 19's on a red Leon....
    Unfortunately not available in 19's right now. But would look very good on that if they did!

Neutral

Status
    Wheels look great, suit he car nicely. lookin forward to seeing your "summer" wheels!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3LVX View Post
    Wheels look great, suit he car nicely. lookin forward to seeing your "summer" wheels!
    Cheers dude. Looking forward to seeing a pic of your new wheels too!

Neutral

Status
    Will do as soon as i get a chance to give the car a good wash hopefully this weekend ! They look lovely and got some HnR springs fitted last weekend aswell to finish it off.

3rd Gear

Status
    they look sweet mate, glad your sale went through, with me not buying them it forced me to get my wheels powdercoatd which they did today gloss black n glad i did they look awsome

MY S-LINE 2.0TDI HYBRID PROGRESS

MY PROGRESS THREAD

6th Gear

Status
    Look very similar to my new VMR v710s Pete
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

Boycie

Status
    Looks sweet mate! you should get facelift rear lights!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    Looks sweet mate! you should get facelift rear lights!!
    Cheers. The lights are one of the few things I want to do, and keep looking out for them, but they don't seem to turn up all that often...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast