Some help please!!!

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Evening ladies and gents, hope your all ok.
Never think it's my irst time on the 8P part of ASN, always on the 8L part lol, anyway.

The folks have a A3 2.0T with the sline pack, really nice car but they have a problem with it.

Ever since they bought it there has been a whering type noise from the back, had it looked at many a time and nothing every came back, until now.
My mum got a flat this morning on one of the back tyres, so took it off to go have it repaired but i noticed that the inside of the tyre was worn away, it's been rubbing on the rear.
There currently running the 5 spoke rs6 type alloys that i (that the name for them lol) the alloys are ET46 18X8J, now are these correct or not?

Thanks for reading the mini essay haha.

Fitment sounds perfect. Are you sure it was rubbing? Far more likely to be an alignment issue.

Does it! Could be that the 4 wheel alignment is out, going in tomorrow to be checked.

No pics sorry.

Tyres are 225/40/18

Does it! Could be that the 4 wheel alignment is out, going in tomorrow to be checked.

No pics sorry.

Tyres are 225/40/18

Right tyres. Right wheels. Excessive wear on the inside does suggest camber issues.

I had my inside fronts down to the metal, whilst looking fine on the outside. I only noticed after parking whilst on full lock. At first glance it did look like rubbing, but was definitely just uneven wear.

Thanks mate, so is more than likely the camber been out then. Hopefully tomorrow will tell.