Do I have DRL's? 2004 S-Line with OEM Xenons (non-LED)

Joe90k

Speed doesn't Kill!
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know if I will have DRL's? I have a 2004 TDi with factory fitted Xenons, will there be DRL's in there? If so how do I turn them on (If they aren't already?) (I know they are not LED's but after reading on a few sites it seems that some people do)

Cheers,
Joe

Oh good point to mention, I'm not being lazy my car is a few hundred miles away lol

Joe

do you have a drl switch on your headlight switch? it should be a simple 1 or 0 scrolling switch

I would very much doubt it. I had DRL's in my 2007 A3 with OEM Xenons but not with my 2004 A3. As has already been said - No DRL switch, No DRLs.

If they are normal xenons(just low beam) then you wont have DRLs as the inner headlight lens will be used for your high beam. If they are bi-xenon both you low and high beam are from the outer projector lens and the inner one will have a large bulb and be used for DRL, you will have the switch mentioned above then. I dont think bi-xenon was an option on the 2004 cars so you probably dont have drls.

you can always program drls with vagcom, though i think thats fogs only

I can make the fogs turn on as DRL's? How do I do that? Not sure I'll leave it on but I'll have a look.

Cheers