S3 service @AUDI DEALER Extortion?

330_2_S3

Reaction score
Just took my car to AUDI dealer in West London and I booked it in before XMAS for the 2nd service which is due...

The car is on 21000 miles....

They told me all it would need is a oil service and mirco fliter change so it will only cost around £260 with VAT.

I double checked that is all that is required but when I took it down this morning they said it requires a AVS service costing £380?!

I told them to ring me back and double check and they are are still giving me this price. They said all that is required is a an oil change, mirco filter change and general check but yet they wana charge me £380? Surely this ain't right?

Give Epsom Audi a call. I always ring around for servicing costs and they are almost always nearly half the price of West London Audi which is my other alternative.

Cheers mate, just did that and they quoted me £279 which was the quote originally at west london.

The helpful service lady said that the car won't really need anything except and oil and mirofilter change etc until 40K where the plugs will need to be changed.

On the other note the west london audi just rang and said its now £360 and they won't match epsom :/

Yeah, they always refuse to match Epsom for me also. It's a longer drive but they don't make me feel like i'm being ripped off. Also, they normally give me a decent courtesy car. So far I've had a high spec Q7 and A4.

Well booked it back out and booked it in to finchley road audi...

£270 for oil inpection parts and labour... £26 for pollen filter so will probably source myself for like a tenner and change it...

Thats a more than £100 cheaper then west london Audi.

When i had a warranty issue @ west london audi they gave me a A3 convertible...

I had a few issues with Reading Audi over some warranty work so I wont be going back to them as the service is now due. May have to give Epsom a call :yum:

Oh and West London Audi are owned by the same company who own Reading Audi..

Are both services due on the DIS?

It just comes up with "service" on the DIS...

Checked my history booklet and the pollen filter was changed @12,000 miles.

Just had the brake fluid done a couple of months ago.

If you go into the menu and check service are there 2 entries, one says 'Service' and the other says 'Oil change'?

If you go into the menu and check service are there 2 entries, one says 'Service' and the other says 'Oil change'?

I will check but not 100% certain that the I have that function? It hasn't come up anywhere that is is due an "oil change"

Just has the word "service?!" when i start on the car and when i got into the menu it just tells me by how many days its exceeded and miles exceeded etc.....