Removing split grill and both Audi emblems

Mick a3

Mellow Yellow
Reaction score
Ok so i'm going to spray both the silver trim around my split grill and both front and rear audi rings just a few questions.

To remove the split grill is it a bumper off job? As i'm just after the trim I was hoping to maybe prize it off without taking off the bumper, And if so is there much hassle getting off the single grill.

I've seen on here you can get the front grill rings off without taking the whole grill off but i noticed while browsing the net some rear(boot) audi rings are stuck on and some are clipped on? Any idea's what mine would be as its a 2003 model.

Heres a picture of the 2 chrome parts i want to remove aswell as the front emblem, hope this helps

capturejq.jpg

Thanks in advance guys:thumbsup:

Mick

Last edited:
I had the bumper off when I unclipped mine out of interest. I have an S3 bumper on mine now. I have it sitting in my lockup if you want it to practice on, I'm only down the road from you.

I had the bumper off when I unclipped mine out of interest. I have an S3 bumper on mine now. I have it sitting in my lockup if you want it to practice on, I'm only down the road from you.

That would be amazing mate, Are you looking to get rid of the whole grill or what? i'l take it of you and sort you out with some cash.

Last edited:
Dont spray!! It will chip easily and you will have to keep doing it!

Vinyl wrap it instead - It will last longer and look better.

I may give that a try, Still got a 1 meter square piece of black gloss vinyl I used to use for the shells of my RC car, Although this could prove to be a wee bit tougher.