Below is taken from awesome site:

hrsprings.jpg

Our Price: £159.00 ex vat
£182.85 inc vat

Normal Price: £237.93
You Save: £78.93
% Saved: 33.17%
This product is on special offer!

Just purchased mine there, really good saving. Just a quick thread to let everyone know incase there looking at going down the H&R springs route.

Davie

Thanks Davie, just purchased a set myself. Thanks for the heads-up. :icon_thumright:

Interested in these for my 2.0T FSI FWD and wondered what the ride is like. How is it on the S3?

I find the ride to be similar to standard in regards to comfort but nice and firm going round corners. Definitely worth £182

Thanks Davie, just purchased a set myself. Thanks for the heads-up. :icon_thumright:

No problem mate,wouldnt want anyone missing out on a great buy, with the money i have saved from this offer i will be able to get 4 wheel alignment and still have change :)

Like the boys said, these are very good:thumbsup:
Gives the S3 that extra bit attitude on the road.
Spot on.
Got mine from Awesome recently too, superb service.

A couple of people on here have recommended Orange Tuning as a good place to buy these springs - Sorry can;t remember who, but thanks for the tip! Anyway, the prices seem much better than any UK based company although they're not quite quite as cheap as the offer mentioned above for the S3.

I've just order a set of 35mm H&R Springs for my A3 2.0T Quattro and the total including shipping to the UK and tax was £197. Here's a link to to the A3 8P suspension parts:

http://www.orange-tuning.de/shop/suspension-sport-springs-c-27_150_252_1101.html

Still haven't recieved my springs from Awesome, i have had to chase them via email and got fed up so phoned them a few days ago to be told they had taken my order but have ZERO stock!! They said it will be another 2 - 3 weeks before they will arrive. This is the first and the last time i will be using Awesome!

Davie

I got much the same response when I called them to chase my order, 2 to 3 weeks when they have stock again. They've taken payment which I think is a bit cheeky to be fair. I'm putting the springs on the new car in March, so the delay doesn't annoy me too much, but you would have thought they would only take the order if stock was available. They were polite, apologetic and courteous on the phone which was a positive however.

Seems a bit naughty to take payment without a definite eta, shame I was just about to order some myself :(

I'm doing a double check, but sure I've seen the payment come off. It is cheeky, but the feedback on the ride is too good to pass up at this discounted price. As Dave says, get the 4 wheel alignment done on top with some change to boot. If they not arrive by end Jan, then different story, but I'll reserve judgement until then. The wait is on....

Dave, what's the story with you? You cancel or waiting in anticipation?

Last edited:
Any of you guys with an S3 Sportback that is willing to sell you stock springs and ship them across the pond at my expense hit me up, they send our cars here with the ride height of a Q7:crying:

I'm doing a double check, but sure I've seen the payment come off. It is cheeky, but the feedback on the ride is too good to pass up at this discounted price. As Dave says, get the 4 wheel alignment done on top with some change to boot. If they not arrive by end Jan, then different story, but I'll reserve judgement until then. The wait is on....

Dave, what's the story with you? You cancel or waiting in anticipation?

Im just going to wait, if i cancel the order i will be waiting a week for any other company to deliver now so might aswell just hang in there. Plus at £180.00 the price will not be beaten anywhere else. Just need to drive about in my 4x4 for a few more weeks :laugh:

Davie

Not entirely sure but it seems AWESOME seem to be getting a worse reputation as the weeks past by whether it is regarding installing exhausts or purchasing parts..or even taking payments without stock! Considering they are a sponsor on here I am surprised they haven't responded in any way to their reputation being damaged. To think that each person put off could potentially cost them from £1 to X amount they would of got their act together! It's a shame really as good as the deal is that they offer sometimes on some products, I think I would rather spend that bit more and have a good reliable service and no headache. Don't think I will be using them anytime soon. And definitely not with springs! :)

I've emailed asking for an update seeing as they have taken payment from me. I'll let you all know what they say re: stock and expected delivery dates.

Just a quick update - I've received a dispatch email from Awesome, so looks like the springs are back in stock and on their way!

Davie, you received yours yet?

i know this is an old thread but does anyone know if these springs will fit an 06 a3 2.0tdi s-line?? and how much lower will it sit the car than the s-line springs?

i know this is an old thread but does anyone know if these springs will fit an 06 a3 2.0tdi s-line?? and how much lower will it sit the car than the s-line springs?
And also, will the standard shocks hold up yo the lower ride height?

Are you on a wind up Luke? :) He has made 1 typo, change the Y to a T and it all makes sense.:)
and to answer his question, yeah the s line shocks are more than up for the job.

Last edited:
Thank you for both information and defending me! Yeah sorry about the typo, really should proof read before posting! Order some when I get home from work! Never lowered a car before.... So if I take them to a reputable garage tell them to put springs on and alligned. No major adjustments needed? No expensive bills? I hope! :D. So these springs will drop my S Line standard to a nice low stance (lower than s3). Without major issue with dampers/rubbing/crashy ride? So for questions. I'm just learning. Cheers

sorry mate i wasnt takin the **** i just really couldnt understand it, i read it like 10 times and was still scratchin my head lol thanks for the info lee

Can anyone give a rough idea on how long these take to fit so i can budget accordingly?

Couple of hours - think my mate and I took just over 90mins to fit mine and that was without a 4 post lift!

Not a hard job if you know what you are doing!

Thanks Boydie - just need to budget for that as well as purchasing the springs!