First 'proper' mod (but tame!)

Lapchien66

Reaction score
Been an expensive week - 2nd variable service at Audi Birmingham, followed by 2 new F1's on the front.

So, after longing after them for a while I decided to fit some new model rear lights to my 06 3.2 - they look gorgeous compared to the old ones!

dsc00889sx.jpg

Why get your car serviced at Audi for ? If you want to save money go to an independent garage.

if it's 3 years + then audi's pricing is very reasonable, £99 for a std service & £199 for a major.

How much did ou pay for the lights mate? I lost a set on Ebay last night by £1 gutted!!!

I like them, nice! how much did they set you back?

Paid £76 for each lamp. Easy change (and good practice for when I need to change a bulb anyway!).

I miss the auto-dipping/dimming interiror mirror I had on my last A3, this one only has the standard one with the flick-switch underneath it, so will probably get that done next.

I didn't care much for the sticky-up cigar lighter, so replaced that with the flappy panel 12v connector, it's much more stylish. I'd like the add TV to my RNS-E but I'm not convinced how good it will be when retro-fitted. I'd like a FBMFSW. Performance wise I'm pretty limited with the A3 unless I spend quite a lot, so will probably stick witht the engine as is.

When I had the car serviced they gave me an A4 2.0 tdi for the day. I can't believe how poor it felt when compared to my 3.2 auto! I suppose I have begun to get complacent after having the A3 for 4 months, but since driving the A4 I still get all gooey when driving my A3. The sound, the acceleration, the style, wow! Now I remember why I bought it!