FBMF "%$^wheel

paddy

Reaction score
Well after a day trying to get the blo"dy thing to work i have taken it off again and had to get Audi's in Colchester to re code the module !! Even Audi's couldn't acsess the controller using Vagcom because the "Basic settings" would not activate for steering wheel so i ended up with no power assist !! Also i found that the part numbers of the new slip ring and controller i brought are the same as std fit to my 2004 A3 which again was Blo**dy annoying !! I also found that the original code for he std wheel was for a manual wheel without paddles and without cruise !! but the paddles worked and so did the cruise which makes a nonsense of the Vagcom codes. Having entered the correct code i just got controller not recognised.

Eventually i gave up. Didn't like the wheel when it was fitted anyway. One lap of the car park convinced me that having a flat on the wheel was not only un-necessary but also really annoying if you want to turn it more than 90 degrees.

Now looking for a std MF wheel with paddles and airbag ?

Oh and a huge thanks to audi colchester for sorting the mess out free of charge and half an hour after they had closed :)

Last edited:
I have a MF wheel with paddle, do you have the Flat wheel still?

wana swap?

Could do but i paid £450 for this wheel so i would not want to do a straight swop. I will look and see what a round MF wheel goes for on e-bay
Cheers

yeah sure, i'd pay cash aswell as the wheel. Do you have a phot of the wheel?

cheers

This is what i have...Obviously its brand new but a bit dusty...

wheel-1.jpg

I am away now till the middle of next week. If you can sort out a picture of yours and let me know the condition, maybe we can do something.

Last edited:
If you need vag com again give me a shout and ill see if i can help as im only up the road.

Thanks but i have vagcom and an Audi trained mechanic but we just couldnt access the places we needed too. The buttons for baic settings etc were not live. Same with blocks etc. Only live buttons was code 1 but not 2. I could program the controller ok but i couldnt get the car to recognisethe controller in the system. Just got a fault code " controller not coded properly" even when i put the original controller and wheel back on !..Proper Audi VDS does a search and "finds new hardware" much like MS Windows if you add something to your putter. Pain in the ar"^e when your in Stowmarket and live in Dorking and are faced with a 100mile journey home with no power steering :yes:

Last edited:
img0045s.jpg

img0046w.jpg

img0047fa.jpg

Please excuse the shoelaces!

Last edited:
Exactly what i want mate. I will PM you as soon as i get back Tue/Wed and we can sort somthing out.

Sure, just out of interest, do you find without the breathing holes in the leather you get clammy hands?

ideally would want the holes but i do like your wheel.

And where abouts do you live?

thanks

Sure, just out of interest, do you find without the breathing holes in the leather you get clammy hands?

ideally would want the holes but i do like your wheel.

And where abouts do you live?

thanks

depends on your hands LOL. I tend to prefer a cool car & I dont have clammy hands so I find it ok. Had been told by few members that the peforated feels better. I just dont like the look of it though.

Yeah i alway have the air con on, and dont really get clammy hands, should be ok hopefully.